Productive Procrastination: 6 Things to do When You Don’t Feel Like Working on Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Almost all students across campus struggle with procrastination. Most people spend the time they could be working on homework or finals watching Netflix or browsing Tumblr, which means that students are not being productive.

I find that my procrastination increases around finals week because it’s so close to the end of the quarter that I just want to go home. I’m here to tell you about a few things you can do to keep your procrastination productive!

Clean.

Do the laundry. Take the trash out. Do those dishes that have been sitting in the sink for weeks. Cleaning can get rid of  stress and if you’re not doing homework, at least your room will be spotless!

Cook or bake yourself some delicious food.

Cook yourself a nice lunch or dinner. Cook an easy one, like mac and cheese. Bake some cookies or brownies as a special treat. You’re not doing homework, but you’re ensuring that you eat, which is just as important.

Craft.

Crafting is a great way to spend time. You can knit a scarf, crochet a blanket, or make a bullet journal!

Read.

Read a book. Read some articles, like the ones here at Her Campus DU. Do some research on things you’re interested in to give your mind a break and learn something cool. Hey, maybe you’ll even find something useful for a project you’re working on! And if you need some inspiration, check out Kendyl’s article here for six awesome books to read this spring. 

Exercise or go for a walk.

Go to the gym. Take a walk outside. If you don’t feel like doing homework or working on finals, a good distraction is to keep yourself physically healthy.

Write an article for Her Campus.

Her Campus is a great place to find interesting and useful articles (like this one!) So, if you have a chance, get in touch with your school’s division and write an article for this awesome magazine!

You can find/contact DU’s division by:

Procrastination is something that many students struggle with, but if you can get other stuff on your To-Do list done, than at least your procrastination is a little productive!