This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Here we are, back again. Spring break flew by like a little bird, depositing us once again, on campus, here at DU. Katherine and Manya, us, recently decided that enough drama is enough. We are putting ourselves first, along with a healthy balance of school, and rowing practices, and social obligations.

We realized that we had not quite made any lasting New Year’s Resolutions, as often happens. And, though this is only our third quarter here on campus we really want to become our best selves, and that starts by resolving to create an environment that can enhance our success. Thus, we do declare this quarter to be the genesis of our new selves– the Manya and Katherine 3.0s, if you will. Resolutions always leave us feeling invigorated to go out there and see the world, be the world, love the world. Or, at least attempt to pretend to be closer to nature. Thus, Manya, specifically, has resolved to try to catch at least the sunset or the sunrise everyday to remember that we are small in the grand scheme of things and to reconfirm her notion that clouds are majestic. 

• Upon reflection, we’ve discovered a mutual slew of resolutions as well as a few individually pertinent ones. Mostly, we’ve resolved to stay on top of homework and prevent ourselves from becoming overwhelmed during week 5 or earlier. We’re committed to sleeping more (or at least making a tangible effort to do so), and going to practice/working out Monday through Friday to feel better for ourselves and the people on our team (if you happened to miss our profile of Kylie van Aken, a fellow rower at DU, click here). WE ARE NO LONGER GOING TO SUBWAY. Our obsession last quarter got a little intense to the point where they knew our regular footlong orders… #Freshman15. But most importantly, we’re going to spend our free time with people who lift us up rather than bring us down, who enhance our experiences instead of dampening our enthusiasm for the bounty that DU has to offer. We’re trying to be more free, while sitll in control of the reigns of our lives. This, we pledge, to ourselves and to you, dear Readers, to keep us accountable. 

We asked around on campus to see how some other people have resolved to better themselves. Here’s just a few from some of the Her Campus DU Staff as well as DU Students!

Hayley: “Boy-free not Boy-less. It’s all in how you frame it.”  Angelica: “Spend less time on homework and more time on sleep and socializing.” Colleen: “Spend less time doing homework and more time brushing my teeth.” April: “Really push to do more outside work for Spanish.”

If you have any Spring Resolutions, leave a comment and tell us what it is!

Neck deep in her third year of Psychology and French at DU, this double major has a soft spot for plants, puns, and layering face masks. Director of Events for Her Campus DU, connoisseur of chaos, and proclaimer of words. If there is a problem, coconut oil is likely the solution.