This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Name:  Annie Langston

Year in School: Senior

Major/Minor: Marketing/Theatre

Position in DUPB: Co-Chair of Music Committee

The Battle of the Bands Committee–looks like we’re in good hands!

What is Musicfest? How does it relate to May Days?

MusicFest is the annual spring concert that DUPB hosts with both professional artists and student talent.  We have hosted the show at various venues around DU, but for the first time in five years, we are having it on campus! Although this event typically falls on the Friday of May Days, this is a completely separate event. There is another wonderful committee that runs the May Days festivities while we, the music committee, are in charge of MusicFest. We love putting them together so both events can hopefully reach the entire campus!

How long has Musicfest been happening at DU?

MusicFest has been happening at DU for…ever! (I am not actually sure how long it’s been going for, I can ask, but a long time, at least the past 15 years.)

Who is performing?

This year, we are proud to be hosting Electric Guest with supporting act Mick Jenkins! 

Electric Guest
Mick Jenkins

Who is opening?

The winners of Battle of the Bands, The Tonics, are opening the show for the second year in a row!

What is Battle of the Bands?

Battle of the Bands is where student bands and artists perform and compete for the chance to open for MusicFest. We give the students the power to vote for their favorite band! This has been an amazing way to incorporate student talent into our show as well as advertise for MusicFest. This is the event I am most proud of, I was able to create and run this event for the past two years and it has turned into a music committee tradition.

Where is Musicfest happening this year?

For the first time in five years, the event is being held on campus on Carnegie Green! 

DUPB with Cherub, 2017

How can students get tickets?

Students can purchase tickets here and on the DUPB Instagram

How much are tickets?

Tickets are $15! 

Where can we keep up all of the fun updates?

The DUPB Facebook and Instagram accounts are the best way to keep up with updates!   

Is there free food or swag involved any time?

We are putting the “fest” back in MusicFest :) This year we are having a full day of activities in addition to the music! We are having two bouncy castles, food trucks, art tables, and free swag including t-shirts, sunglasses, and water bottles! The only thing that isn’t free is the ticket!

Claire graduated with a business degree in hospitality management from the University of Denver in 2019. She was a Her Campus DU Contributor from 2015-2017 and led as Co-Campus Correspondent from 2017-2019. Her favorite hobbies include drinking coffee, writing, tweeting, and attempting to learn Mandarin.