Style > Beauty

Morphe Makeup Palette Product Review: Jaclyn Hill and Fall into Frost

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

With spring’s arrival, most of us will be busy cleaning out our dorms, apartments, and houses. If you’re as makeup-obsessed as me, you will also be organizing your makeup collection. With that, you may feel the need to freshen your collection up a bit, and I think a brand new Morphe eyeshadow palette would be the perfect fit for you!

I admit, my love for makeup is a little over the top. But hey, there’s nothing wrong with that! Over the past few months, I have acquired a variety of different eyeshadow palettes from many brands. Top brand palettes such as the Naked collection, Lorac, and, one of my personal favorite brands, Anastasia Beverly Hills can be fairly expensive. So, I decided to try out a much more affordable brand’s eyeshadow palettes, Morphe.

Don’t be fooled by the not so fancy packaging these palettes come in. Although at first glance it looks plain and plasticy, each palette opens to 35 beautiful, vibrant colors. My personal favorite, and one of the most popular of the Morphe palettes, Jaclyn Hill, is full of a wide range of colors, some bold and some more neutral. Out of all the palettes, this one is best for looks for all seasons.

Morphe Jaclyn Hill Palette – Sold for $38

Every color is true to what they look like in the package; vibrant and bold. I, personally enjoy working with darker colors, so I tried out a look using oranges, blacks, and blues. This was the final result.

Makeup look using Jaclyn Hill palette done and modeled by Kendall Ungerman

I was very pleased with how little of the shadow it took on my brush to cover the entire eyelid. Some of the other name brand shadows I have used, like Naked, don’t pick up as easily and arn’t as pigmented, so it often takes much more of the shadow, and sometimes even requires a wet brush. The pigmentation of the Morphe palettes allows buyers to get more bang for their buck.

For those who aren’t a fan of the brighter, bolder colors in the Jaclyn Hill palette, a more subtle palette is the Morphe 35F Fall into Frost palette shown below.

Morphe 35F Fall Into Frost Palette – Sold for $23

What I like about this palette is that there are so many possibilities for mixing and matching the colors. This palette is also perfect for those that enjoy a little bit of sparkle in their look, as most of the colors have a little bit of shine to them. In my opinion, this is either a hit or miss when it comes to eyeshadow, but Morphe added the perfect amount of sparkle without it being too overwhelming.

Makeup look using Fall into Frost palette done and modeled by Kendall Ungerman

I tried out a look with a little bit of olive green, brown, and light gold. I usually go for looks that are a little bit darker; don’t worry, if you aren’t as big of a fan of this type of look as me, with these palettes, it is easy to blend the colors to the shade and intensity you prefer. They’re so versatile!

Overall, I was VERY impressed with the Morphe palettes. The price, amount of product given, and quality of the product is wonderful. My only complaint is the lower quality packaging of the palettes, which doesn’t give the shadows much protection in the case of accidental dropping. If you are looking for a little something to spice up your makeup routine, I highly recommend trying out one of these wonderful palettes.

Both of these palettes and many more are available at Ulta and on Morphe’s website for the same price! Happy makeup hunting!

Hello! I am one of the Her Campus DU Campus Correspondents! I am majoring in Psychology with minors in Chemistry and Criminology with the hopes of becoming a Forensic Psychologist someday! I joined Her Campus to be able to get my voice out there, as writing is one of my utmost passions. Some of my favorite things include Jesus, my family, and learning new things.