Style

An Inside Look at College Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

College Fashion Week provides a VIP  fashion show experience for influential college fashionistas and bloggers in both NYC and Boston. DU’s very own Emma Walker, who runs the popular fashion/lifestyle/mental health blog With A City Dream, was lucky enough to attend New York City’s College Fashion Week through one of her sponsors!  

With A City Dream blogger Emma Walker

Name: Emma Walker

Major/Minors: Marketing Major, Psychology Minor

Year in School: Senior

What is College Fashion Week?

The perfect mix of fashion, women empowerment and fun!

Why did you get chosen to go? 

I had the pleasure of working with one of the sponsors Almay, to share my experience with their products and for College Fashion Week overall!  

What did your weekend look like?

I was lucky enough to spend the weekend in NYC, but on Saturday I went out to Brooklyn studios where CFW took place. I checked in and was able to play at the activations from all of the sponsors (so much fun! I love a good photo booth!). Then the show was about to begin and we all took our seats. It was such a wonderful three part show featuring great designs and diverse and beautiful models!

What was you favorite part?

The inclusion of all women on the runway! I think it is such an important movement in fashion that we all need to consider. Beautiful comes in all shapes and sizes and those girls ROCKED that runway!

Did you get any free goodies?

So much swag! I feel so lucky to have even attended but everyone was so generous in the gift bags and left NYC with luggage full of new goodies to play with! Of course tons of Almay products, too.

Why do you think it is important for College Fashion Week to exist?

Bringing like-minded girls and women together is so important. We were all enjoying an evening together celebrating each other and lifting everyone up!

What was your biggest takeaway?

Fashion can be inclusive and CFW wants to make sure women everywhere always look and feel their best.  

Are you giving anything away from CFW? 

Unfortunately, not yet but stay tuned on my instagram for upcoming giveaways!

With A City Dream Social Media Info: 

Website: www.withacitydream.com

Facebook: With A City Dream

Instagram: @emmawlkr

Pinterest: With A City Dream

Claire graduated with a business degree in hospitality management from the University of Denver in 2019. She was a Her Campus DU Contributor from 2015-2017 and led as Co-Campus Correspondent from 2017-2019. Her favorite hobbies include drinking coffee, writing, tweeting, and attempting to learn Mandarin.