Life > Academics

How to Manage Everything: Advice That Works by Anastasia Vylegzhanina

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

I dare say that almost every person has asked themself at least once, “How do I manage everything?” This can apply to those who have been in school for a while or even first-year students who have so many events going on besides the challenging school year ahead. Undoubtedly, it is a must to arrange times for everything on your to-do list to be completed to be successful and comfortably enjoy the school year. 

Sure, I do not possess any extraordinary ability to go back in time; however, I do know some time-management skills that might work in you and your time’s favor. The first and probably the most challenging step is to stop procrastinating. Yes, everybody has this everyday bad habit that takes an enormous amount of time out of your daily routine. To solve this issue, try to be more attentive to yourself. As soon as you notice that time flies away without any particular reason, put an end to the mindless procrastination by starting something vital for the time being. 

Furthermore, making simple notes is a foolproof strategy that helps you become more organized and conscious about what you need to be learning. It does not matter whether you write traditional paper notes or digital notes with a well-outlined plan for every day. Seeing and marking accomplished tasks would serve as an excellent motivator to finish everything on time.

Another thing that should be considered is the ability to stay focused. In order to do so, establish time limits for all kinds of social media channels. In my opinion, a brief fifteen or twenty minutes of browsing and checking up on your online life is more than enough to keep in touch with the rest of the world. To go even further in this pursuit, try to go somewhere new to study if given a chance. Simply going somewhere else to work on some important subject rather than finishing it at home where there are so many distractions just around the corner can be rewarding to your productivity. 

Last but not least, plan all your errands to be accomplished within a specific time frame. It might sound like an impossible ordeal, but after the designated time to complete tasks has passed and you have finished everything, take a deep breath, put your hands down, and dedicate the rest of the day to yourself and all your closest people. There is no doubt that it is crucial to have happy moments despite our urgent business throughout the day. 

It is absolutely up to you to pay closer attention to my time-management practice. I cannot promise that all the above hints will work perfectly for everybody. I can assure you that some advice may find a place in your daily life as a mind-changing asset for a further enjoyable living!