Fall 2021 Yellow and Green Hero 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Fall 2021 Yellow and Green Hero 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Canva

How to Make 2022 Your Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

We all know that 2020 and 2021 were far from ideal for most people. With 2022 beginning with high rates of covid and online classes it may seem like this year is destined to be just as bad as its two most recent predecessors. But it does not have to be this way.

Although you may be stuck at home, stranded away from your friends, or scared to go out for fear of catching covid that doesn’t mean that you can’t make 2022 your year. Ensuring a great year isn’t about things that are outside of your control but rather the things that you can control.

The most important thing to consider is your attitude. If you start out the year thinking it will be terrible, likely your actions will follow, and it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy. If instead, you tell yourself that the new year will be great and take steps to make sure of it, it will make a world of difference.

If you are stuck at home, try to think of ways to make the best of the situation. For example, is there some project that you have been wanting to do but putting it off for lack of time? Now is the perfect time to do it. Or is there that tv show that you have been meaning to watch but couldn’t find the time? While you are stuck at home you might as well do things you have been looking forward to.

If you are stranded from your friends that doesn’t mean you can’t continue your friendships. Consider activities like Netflix party or doing something on facetime together so you can be connected even when you aren’t together. Although it isn’t completely the same, making the best of your situation and having a positive attitude are the best ways to create a great year.

These are not all of the examples of the dire-looking situations you could be in but they are illustrations and examples of how you can take your bad situation and turn it into something positive. Happy 2022 everyone and I hope you all take steps to have a positive and healthy new year!

I'm Alexandra and I love to read, hike, and play with my puppy. I am so excited to be a part of Her Campus DU!