This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

1. What is the purpose/mission of your organization?

The purpose of Women in Business is to advance women in the professional world and equip members to succeed in male-dominated fields. This is accomplished through community-building meetings, events addressing various work-related topics, and workshops on professional development. These events aim to grow the network of members in fields that are relevant to their career goals.

2. How does your organization support women?

Women in Business is a student organization run by women to support women and other minority groups in the professional world. Members develop communication skills and have leadership opportunities that are applicable to future careers. They also gain experience in networking, workshop interview skills, and receive insights on industries they are interested in from speakers. All members also have the opportunity to lead their own event or project and leave with the confidence necessary to succeed. 

3. What goals/values does your organization hold?

Women in Business values professionalism through commitment, leadership, and ambition, as well as creating a community within Daniels and the greater University of Denver. This is shown through inclusiveness, mentorship, service, and diversity. Together, striving for professionalism and a sense of community empowers members to be leaders in the professional world.   

4. What is the best part(s) of your organization?

Women in Business has provided me with a community of like-minded individuals who care about the importance of representation and inclusivity in business. I come back from every meeting feeling more empowered to speak up, take a stance, and own who I am. As I prepare to graduate, I know WiB has and will continue to support and encourage me as I navigate and establish myself in the business world. -Isabelle Rios, Director of Sustainability

The networking opportunities are great. With us all being business students, we understand the importance of making connections. Through events (such as Women of Wisdom and those with guest speakers) and getting to know the members, it has expanded my knowledge and opened more doors within the realm of business that I wouldn’t have known about had I not joined WiB. -Megan Cooney, Marketing and Communications Director

The best part of Women in Business is the community that it creates. Through WiB I have met the most inspiring and driven women. My first meeting was Galentine’s Day in 2018 (my first-year at DU). I fell in love with the sense of family and support built into the organization. Soon after, I felt completely welcomed and had mentors as well as life-long friends within Daniels College of Business. -Amanda Martinez, President

5. When does your organization typically meet? How would an interested member go about applying to the org? 

Women in Business meets from 6-7 pm most Wednesdays. The best way to stay in the loop is through our newsletter. You can get onto our mailing list through emailing danielsundergradwib@gmail.com or joining our Crimson Connect group. 

6. What are the main events your organization holds during the school year?

Women of Wisdom, where we bring in a powerful team of panelists and discuss what it means to be a woman in the workplace, is one of our most popular events. This is held at Joy Burns, and it’s a lovely dinner and networking opportunity. This year it will be held on Thursday, May 14 from 6-8 pm. Females in Finance is our panel event in the winter with professionals from the finance world, and it also has a dinner following. This will be held on Wednesday, February 26 with the Finance Club. In addition, we will have our Galentine’s Day social event on Wednesday, February 12th, our Second Annual Sexual Assault Awareness Month 5k this Spring, a series of casual speaker events, career development workshops, Ted Talks and Pizza, a craft night, and a self-defense class! There is truly something for everyone. 

7. Any other information you would like to include that we did not cover? 

Women in Business is not just for business majors and women! We are open to all majors and genders since there is always a need for empowerment and allies. 

8. Please let us know all forms of contact to provide including email and social media platforms. 

Email: danielsundergradwib@gmail.com

Instagram: @danielsundergrabwib

Linkedin: @duundergraduatewomeninbusiness

Facebook: @danielsundergrabwib

Hello! I am one of the Her Campus DU Campus Correspondents! I am majoring in Psychology with minors in Chemistry and Criminology with the hopes of becoming a Forensic Psychologist someday! I joined Her Campus to be able to get my voice out there, as writing is one of my utmost passions. Some of my favorite things include Jesus, my family, and learning new things.