This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Her Campus DU is lucky enough to have a style guru super star on our team, Hayley Posner. Currently a second year here at DU, Hayley has been able to find her niche in the fashionista world. She balances a double major in media studies and communications, and a fine arts minor. Hayley is a proud member of the sorority Delta Zeta, DUPB, and of course, Her Campus. Coming all the way from Westchester, New York, Hayley brings style and intelligence. Hayley spoke with us regarding her job as a Style Guru Intern for CollegeFashionista.

What is your job as a Style Guru Intern for CollegeFashionista?

My job as a style guru is to report on current fashion trends on and around DU’s campus and to help describe easy and fun ways to incorporate those high fashion trends into the everyday college wardrobe. I am also tasked, as a Style Guru, with documenting my own life as a fashionista through my various social media platforms. The really awesome part of the job is getting to photograph and talk to fashionable people on campus that I may not normally get the chance to meet. A quote that encompasses this company is, “A CollegeFashionista knows how to balance the schedule and budget of a student while still being in vogue.” 

What are some of the challenges of being a Style Guru?

It is super hard some days to get dressed in a cute outfit and not pajamas, but since I am a style guru I feel obligated to always look on point. I also have found that all I want to do is shop now but being on a college budget makes that hard. Other than that my job is great and I love having the chance to write solely about fashion and trends.

What led you to want to be a Style Guru?

I have always loved fashion, even as far back as when I was in elementary school and I tried to start my own fashion magazine. Photography has also been a huge part of my life and is something that I really missed getting the chance to do last year. Coming into the fall quarter I had been trolling the internet and saw that some girls I went to high school with were working as Style Gurus and was so interested that I decided to apply myself. Come October I got an email saying that I was accepted to the program for this spring and immediately started planning some of the pieces that I wanted to write in the coming quarter.

What are some of your favorite brands to shop at?

I am currently obsessed with American Apparel since all of their fabrics are so soft and the styles are versatile and easy to wear. I also am a huge fan of Free People, Urban Outfitters and American Eagle since you can find some really great basic spring/fall transition pieces there but you can also get some unique items as well. My closet is honestly a collection of a lot of different brands and styles but I definitely do try to make it seem like I have cohesive collection of clothing items.

What are some of the coolest trends on campus right now?

Right now I have seen a lot of blanket scarves on cold days and button down skirts on warm days. The turtleneck is also coming back in full force, which is actually what I just wrote my last piece for CollegeFashionista about. Big sweaters have always been big but with the changing Colorado weather I have been seeing a lot of them since they are perfect for layering on top of a T-shirt or tank in the event it sudden gets warm outside while you are in class. 

Fashion advice for college students on the go?

Layer!! Layers are your friend here at DU and are any easy way to spice up any look. Adding a scarf to a simple top and jeans look and elevate even the simplest of looks. Also don’t be afraid to experiment with colored pants, such as burgundy or olive, and basic tees, that’s an easy way to look polished and chic while not having to exert much effort in the am. Comfort is also key, if you know that you have to haul it from Sturm to Olin in 10 minutes don’t wear those heeled booties you just bought, your soles and your pride will thank you. 

Olivia Sheehan is student at the University of Denver, studying Strategic Communication and Psychology. Some of her passions include skiing, traveling, cute animals, and spending time with friends. She is a campus correspondent of Her Campus DU, and is excited about the future of Her Campus here at the University of Denver.