This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Every spring at DU, Pios are reminded of the negative side of the quarter system: being in class through the first week of June while the rest of the country has already graduated or begun their summer break. If you are a senior, this about the time when the senioritis becomes TOO MUCH TO HANDLE. So, let’s take a break from the reminders that we are barely through midterms and talk about graduation- graduation caps, that is.

Decorating our caps has become a nation-wide tradition. We gathered some tips and inspiration to help you just in time to pick up your cap and bust out your beloved craft box.

1. Find inspiration from your favorite movies and TV shows. Gilmore Girls quotes? Grey’s? Hunger Games? Harry Potter?
  2. Use iconic moments from your four year journey- this is what I’ll probably do… head straight to Beyonce’s Lemonade lyrics and lemon shaped patchwork.
  3. Get sassy- throw shade at your student bill one last time with a declaration that “this is my $260,000 hat” or go with a simple, “LOL, Bye.”
  4. Be clever with your major- any Economics puns out there? …probably not.
  5. Thank your sponsors- mom, dad, Starbucks, The Pinot Project, and all that good stuff.

We want to see what you do with your cap! Tag @hercampusdu as you post pictures of your grad cap masterpiece and be entered into a graduation goodie bag raffle. 

**All images from pinterest.com**

Alicia is a recent graduate from the University of Denver where she earned her degree in Economics and Gender & Women's Studies. She can always be found with a cup of coffee in her hand and is likely to be caught singing 90s R&B throughout the day. Now exploring her next steps in life, she is taking fashion courses at the Parsons New School of Design and planning out her graduate school and career moves. She is inspired by the writings of Roxanne Gay, the style of Alexa Chung, and the lifestyle of Grace Coddington.