Fall Into Tea Season With These 5 Picks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Welcome to fall! The leaves are falling, the PSLs are brewing, and the long sleeves are making a comeback. Yes, it is the autumnal season once more.

However, more importantly, it is TEA season.

As the temperatures dip, we turn to hot beverages to keep us warm. As the quarter progresses, we turn to hot tea to keep us calm.

Yes, it is truly the best time of year, as we tuck in with some warm leaf water and a blanket, watching the sun set earlier and earlier.

To celebrate, here are the staples YOU need on your tea shelf.

A Kettle

While you can make do with warming your water on the stove or in the microwave, serious tea-itarians know that the investment in a good tea kettle will make your life so much better. The sound of the whistle that alerts you that you are ready to steep is a musical note, and ensures that your temperature is consistent. The process to make the tea is so simple, just add water and flip a switch, and you are halfway there. Not to mention, they make a fantastic aesthetic contribution to your dorm kitchen.

Target has plenty of options, in a number of colors!

A Mix of Herbals

Herbal tea is my personal favorite, because of the diversity of flavor. You can have lovely mint, perhaps a fruity flavor, or even a more robust taste. Not only that, but herbal tea tends to be decaffeinated, meaning that you can use it to unwind at the end of a long day.

Celestial Seasonings has a lovely selection of herbal teas and is located right here in Colorado!

A Solid Breakfast Blend

Long term coffee and energy drink enthusiasts will attest that they tend to feel jittery when they drink too much, or withdrawal when they drink too little. If you switch to tea, these effects are drastically reduced, but you can still get your daily wake up. English Breakfast Tea is a simple staple to every tea cabinet, with a classic aroma and flavor.

Twinings has been making this blend for years, which is available at an affordable price!

A Cute Infuser

Not all tea is created the same, and it is a sad truth that that which is more convenient is usually of lower quality. While buying tea in bags is certainly a viable and delicious option, occasionally you may wish to explore loose leaf blends. When you do, I recommend a cute infuser to brighten up your cup and simplify your brewing.

Amazon specializes in cute and useful products, and tea diffusers are no exception!

A Selection of Mugs

Almost more important than the tea in the mug is the vessel itself. Not only is it important to have stylish mugs, but they must be numerous in number and large in size. I am proud to boast a cabinet full of mugs, complete with flowers, dinosaurs, and polka dots, depending on my mood.

Mugs can be used not just for tea, but for microwaving tiny cakes, drinking coffee (if you must), eating cereal on the couch, and taking your beverages on the road.

You can never have enough mugs, and here are my top picks from Wayfair!

So before you let another tea season go to waste, check out these picks!

Kate is a Journalism major at the University of Denver, beating on like a boat against the current.