A Day in the Life of a Clumsy Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

It’s Monday morning, about 10 am, and I’m only an hour into work. I know I’m a clumsy person, that is something I have known for quite a while, but I guess I did not realize how clumsy. It wasn’t until the hot, steamed almond milk was bubbling over the frothing cup. Once the hot almond milk touched my hand, I had the realization that I am extremely clumsy. Not only was I a clumsy girl now, but also a clumsy barista.

This time was different than falling down the stairs, dropping a drink on the floor, running into a door, etc. This time it was in front of a lot of people, and my coworkers. This time it was at a job that I really enjoy. I know that I am clumsy, but this felt different. Maybe it was my coworkers telling me that this has never happened before. Maybe it was just really embarrassing for me.

This was a rough start to the morning, and a rough start to the shift, however it was still early, and I was not going to let it ruin my day. After spending my life being clumsy, I started feeling like it was normal. It’s just how I am. Like how some people are alert or calm, I am clumsy. Sometimes the steamed almond milk bubbles over and burns my hand. This is part of living the life of a clumsy girl.