Cool Things to Do in Denver this Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

In need of a break from being on campus before the chaos of Week 10 ensues? We’ve got your back! Here are some cool events happening outside of campus to keep you entertained and under the Colorado sun during Memorial Day weekend. 

Thursday: 

The Museum of Contemporary Art hosts Women & Culture: 10 Years of Fem and Co: Get your artsy-feminsim on during this exhbition that discusses gender through many platforms, with special discussion from Elissa Auther and Gillian Silverman. Tickets are $10 for nonmembers. 

Friday:

Club Vinyl’s White Party: Channel your inner Gossip Girl and attend Denver’s own version of a white party at Club Vinyl. No cover for anyone in white and drink specials all night! 21+. 

Saturday:

Denver Day of Rock: The 16th Steet Mall is turning into a giant block party with over 20 artists performing across the area. Splurge on a VIP pass or just go enjoy the live music during a day of eating, shopping, and cruising around. For more info, visit https://denverdayofrock.com

Swingin’ Under the Stars: Little Man Ice Cream is hosting a free night of swing dancing, with lessons for all levels and live music to keep you grooving all night long. Plus, who doesn’t love ice cream?

Sunday:

DRAKE NIGHT VOLUME 2: Check out the best event of the weekend- a Drake themed night of DJ sets, a Drake photo booth, and Drake lovin’ all around at Ophelia’s Electric Soapbox. Get your dance on, get your feels on. Tickets range from $10-30. 

Memorial Day Monday

Bolder Boulder 10K: Take a trip to Boulder this weekend for one of Colorado’s best 10K races. With waterslides, live music, and costumes around every corner- this run never fails to keep you pumped the whole way through. At the end of the race, you are treated to a snack bag and a cold brew to cool you down during the Memorial Day festivities. Register at http://bb10k.bolderboulder.com​ 

Bachelorette Season Premiere Party at View House, 2015 Market Street: Grab your gal pals and get ready for a night of chaos and entertainment as Rachel Lindsay tries to find her true love. View House offers a tasty menu of bar classics and superb cocktails, plus wine specials for tonight’s party. 

Colorado Rockies at home vs. Seattle Mariners: Enjoy the summer sun and be ready for first pitch at 1PM. In honor of Memorial Day, a parachute performance will take place during pre-game ceremonies. Get your tickets here. 

All original images provided by author. 

Alicia is a recent graduate from the University of Denver where she earned her degree in Economics and Gender & Women's Studies. She can always be found with a cup of coffee in her hand and is likely to be caught singing 90s R&B throughout the day. Now exploring her next steps in life, she is taking fashion courses at the Parsons New School of Design and planning out her graduate school and career moves. She is inspired by the writings of Roxanne Gay, the style of Alexa Chung, and the lifestyle of Grace Coddington.