Colorado’s Must-See Places to Explore this Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.
There’s absolutely no denying that Colorado is a pretty incredible place to spend four years in school. From Denver’s city life to the great outdoors that completely surround us, there are endless experiences and opportunities that we have as students to make the very most of our time out here.

I’ve comprised a list of just a few of the many places that each and every student should go experience and explore at some point during his or her college career or life. 

Not only will these places give you ample amount of opportunities to take the coolest of pictures that will make all of your friends wish they lived in Colorado too, but this is also the best way to get off of campus for a while and take in some fresh air and unbelievable sites. 

1. Manitou Incline, Colorado Springs 
Photo by: Zoe Meyer

Who wouldn’t want to say that they climbed over 2,000 vertical feet in less than a mile? The Incline is not a leisurely activity by any means, but the reward and views that you gain from making it to the top are absolutely worth the effort. 

2. Garden of the Gods (*and Goddesses), Colorado Springs 
Photo by: Allison Arata

One of the national landmarks everyone should be able to say they’ve been to. You really can’t beat a day exploring the incredible and natural red rock formations here at the Garden. 

3. St. Mary’s Glacier, near Idaho Springs 
Photo by: St. Mary’s Glacier Digital Photography 

The trail here is only about a mile and a half, but it will lead you up to a breathtaking view of St. Mary’s lake and glacier. This is definitely on my go-to list for the spring.

4. Rocky Mountain National Park
Photo by: Anna Boykin 

Getting to this gem with over 350 miles of hiking trails only takes about an hour and a half. That’s pretty neat. And that means you can either spend a weekend away camping and hiking or just go for the day and explore all you possibly can.

5. Flatirons, Boulder 
Photo by: Jessica Merheb 

This is probably one of the most popular hiking areas for DU students because of how close it is to Denver. There are several different trails and routes you can take depending on how much of a workout you want to get. Even if you take the more leisurely route, I guarantee you will not be disappointed by your surroundings.
Lindsey Miller is a University of Denver sophomore majoring in Strategic Communications and minoring in Professional Writing. She is the campus correspondent of Her Campus DU, which she co-founded in March 2015. Lindsey can see herself taking her career in many directions, but of course hopes she will be writing wherever and whatever that may be.