Broadway: Your One Stop Shop for Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

It’s that time of year again when we all begin frantically looking for Halloween costumes, yet we realize that we are broke college kids with a very droopy wallet. Only this year I have vowed to not spend more than $20 on my costumes…Yes plural! We all know the three nights of Halloween at DU are notorious for fantastic costumes that will be iconic for years to come, and we all want to be remembered as something epic! This is the year to do Halloween thrift store style.

Of these five Broadway stops, three are all within walking distance of each other! First is the Buffalo Exchange located at 51 Broadway. This shop is also super great for year round season finds, but it has a large Halloween costume collection come October!

The next is Boss Vintage just down the block at 10 S. Broadway. I stumbled upon this shop on accident but it is an amazing find! Most of their costumes are actually real clothes from the time period. So if you want to rock that 20s flapper dress, this would be the place to do it right!

Right down the street is finally one of the fanciest and best Goodwill’s I have ever set foot in! This Goodwill is always busy but I’ve found amazing things there and they always seem to be having sales!

These next two shops require you to hop on the bus to a different part of Broadway, but it’s definitely worth it. Regal Vintage is located at 1866 S. Broadway and is perfect for all your costume accessory needs.

Lastly, the ARC Thrift Store at 1515 S. Broadway. I found most of my costume pieces here last year and it was awesome! They also carry most of the standard halloween makeup that you might need and not want to trek down to Walgreens for later. 

We should mention that it is always a good idea to take a friend along when going out to new places, and always use that first grade “stranger danger” instinct. And remember, Halloween is a fun chance to be someone you’re not, but also be aware of your body and those around you. Don’t let someone get the wrong message because your costume is too suggestive or obscure. 

NEED IDEAS FOR HALLOWEEN COSTUMES?? CHECK OUT OUR HER CAMPUS DENVER PINTEREST PAGE!! LINK HERE 

Molly is from Salina, Kansas and is a second year at the University of Denver. She is currently an International Studies and French major. When Molly isn't writing for HC, she is working as a swim instructor for a private company teaching little kiddos! If she's not working she loves hanging out at Kaladi Brothers Coffee, or thrifting at local thrift shops. Molly is involved in humanitarian organizations and the french club on campus! Molly's motto is, "Follow your arrow no matter where it points".