The Big Lebowski Movie Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

If you are in the mood to laugh, but not too hard, and not too long, The Big Lebowski is the movie for your night.

The humor (which at times can be iffy, but it was made in the 90s) throughout the movie is based from assumptions and quick judgments and rash actions, so if you like to see people making fools of themselves, try watching The Big Lebowski.

The movie is basically white, with no main characters being of color, and the only females represented are “bimbos” (women associated with porn) and an independent, unapologetic feminist. So, there are definitely draw backs to the movie; however, it’s been a movie that my family enjoys watching together.

It’s a comedy that can bring people together since the humor is not focused on personal attacks but rather timing and illogically thinking.

Overall, this movie gets a 8/10 from me.

Header source

Currently a graduate from the University of Denver with a BS in Psychology (concentration: cognitive neuroscience) and BA in Spanish. With a passion for learning, she enjoys understanding more the world, others, and herself. She absolutely loves her orange hair, being a woman, traveling, languages, and exploring new ideas and cultures. Also, she's in the #girlgang for life.