The Best Halloween Episodes From Your Childhood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Happy almost-Halloween, Pios! In an effort to get more into the spirit, I’ve put together a list of some of the best Halloween TV episodes from our childhood. Everything from That’s So Raven to Ed, Edd n Eddy (throwback, am I right?) had Halloween specials, and honestly, looking these up brought a small, 90s/2000s-infused tear to my eye. Open up YouTube now, my friends. 

Spongebob Squarepants

“Scaredy Pants”

Remember when Spongebob was tired of everyone making fun of him for being scared of everything so he dressed up as a ghost and shaved off the corners of his head and tried to scare people? Yeah, that was the premise of this Halloween episode. A bunch of other stuff happened (the Flying Dutchman made an appearance, there was a rager at the Krusty Krab, yada yada), but honestly the most important part was when the little kids trick-or-treating called Spongebob the haunted mattress. Poor Sponge. 

The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

“The Ghost of Suite 613”

This episode had Muriel in it, can you believe it? Anyway, London left a purse full of $1000 in suite 613, which Muriel claimed was haunted by some lady named Irene. The gang (Maddie, Mr. Moseby, you know, the squad) all went up there to try and get the purse back and experienced a bunch of “ghostly” things, which ended up causing Esteban to channel Irene’s spirit. At the end you find out that it was all a prank set up against Zack, but when Cody leaves his blanket in the room and goes to get it, he and Zack run into the real ghost of Irene. Spooky. 

Zoey 101

“Haunted House”

Ew, ok, remember that tool Logan from Zoey 101? Well in this Halloween episode, he was in charge of making PCA’s annual haunted house for the lower school. He of course made the haunted house way too scary for the younger students, and when actual weird things started happening (like Zoey’s little brother Dustin disappearing) even Logan himself got freaked out. He ran out of the haunted house screaming, which left Zoey and Chase, who set the whole thing up, satisfied that they were able to prove to Logan that the haunted house was too scary. Zoey and Chase, you tricksters!

Hannah Montana

“Torn Between Two Hannahs”

Ok this one isn’t really a “Halloween” episode, but close enough. This is the one when Miley’s crazy-a** cousin Luanne comes into town from Tennessee and ties Miley up so she can dress up as her, go to this Halloween party, and reveal Miley’s secret. Miley, dressed as Hannah, finally escapes however, and it comes down to Lily (Lola) and Oliver to try and figure out who the real Miley is. Oliver decides that he must kiss both of them to truly know; Luann is excited about it, the real Miley is disgusted, which reveals which girl is which. Classic!!!

My name is Ellie Fazzi and I'm a first year Media Studies major with a minor in Rhetoric and Professional Writing. My favorite things include writing, singing, and hockey...oh and I love food...so by default, I love the gym. xoxo