An Army Brat With Roots in Colorado Springs, CO

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

I’m an Army brat. I haven’t moved around too much, but I wasn’t born and raised in solely one town or country. I was born in Stavanger, Norway, and since then I’ve lived in Fort Carson, CO; Fountain, CO; Radcliffe, KY; Colorado Springs, CO; and now Denver, CO. 

You may think I don’t have an answer when asked – “Where are you from?”

Except I do. 

I was fortunate enough to spend the majority of my life in Colorado. My entire high school career was at the northern end of the Springs, so that’s where all of my essential memories come from. 

In the summer, we would go to Manitou Springs or wander around Downtown, eating delicious funnel cake or sipping on lavender lemonade (which can only be found at Pikes Peak Lemonade). 

Fruity Drinks
Breanna Coon / Her Campus

The tourist locations are always crowded, but I still like going to them. Garden of the Gods is something everyone should experience for themselves at some point, and I tried to go whenever I could.

The weather is insane there. The northern end could have a full-on blizzard while the southern end doesn’t have a cloud in the sky.

Most of the time, it’s buzzing like a city. But if you go through my old neighborhood, you can find deer and black bears. 

The Springs is a unique place. When quarantine is over and done with, you should try it out! Tell the locals Zoe sent you. 

Hi, I’m Zoe! I am a sophomore at DU studying English and I’m from Colorado Springs, CO. I love reading and writing, listening to music and attending concerts, and hanging out with my family!
Hello! I am one of the Her Campus DU Campus Correspondents! I am majoring in Psychology with minors in Chemistry and Criminology with the hopes of becoming a Forensic Psychologist someday! I joined Her Campus to be able to get my voice out there, as writing is one of my utmost passions. Some of my favorite things include Jesus, my family, and learning new things.