5 Second-Day Hairstyles for Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

If you saw my previous article, you know I’m all about low-maintenance fashion. With finals on the horizon, fast and easy beauty routines are a must when time and motivation are in short-supply. One way I keep my beauty routine low-maintenance is through the magic of dry shampoo. I’ve found that if I throw my hair in a bun or shower cap while I shower and apply dry shampoo before bed, I wake up with clean roots and some added texture and volume. A simple up-do usually does the trick to disguise any unwanted kinks or bumps. This way, I save the time and effort of blow-drying and styling my hair every single morning, which is a big help when I have a packed schedule. Here are 5 of my favorite easy second-day hairstyles to keep you looking polished during finals week with minimal effort. 

1. The classic top bun

The top bun is one of my favorite second-day hairstyles. It takes less than 5 minutes, but looks like you put a lot of effort into it. Not to mention, it actually benefits from the the added texture and volume of unwashed hair. Here is a fun and easy variation of this style. 

2. Use a scarf as a headband

If your roots are looking a little rougher than you’d hoped, this is a great way to disguise them. Not to mention it’s just so cute and easy!!

3. The half top-knot

Confession: this is my go-to hairstyle whether or not I’m rocking second-day hair. Since the front is pulled up, you won’t have stray hairs falling in your face during exams and it’s very in style right now! 

4. This two-minute up-do 

I am obsessed with the idea of this hairstyle, but have yet to perfect it in real life. I think it is worth another shot though!

5. An easy low bun

This bun is so simple and it works with all hair lengths. It doesn’t look too fussy, but it still looks done. 

I am a senior at the University of Denver studying English and Economics. I love watching football, wine nights with my best friends, traveling, exploring my city, and I can't start my day without a cup of coffee. Follow me on instagram @lexihoffman12