Career

5 Millennial Women that Accomplished Big Things (You Can Too!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

There are a lot of inspirational women in this world (duh, women are awesome). Here are a few young women who have accomplished a lot from a young age to remind you that you can too!

Karlie Kloss

This 27-year-old superwoman was declared one of the world’s top models by Vogue when she was just 17. By 2019, she had appeared on 40 Vogue covers. She also founded a camp for young girls interested in STEM.

Elizabeth Holmes

A college dropout, Holmes developed a revolutionary blood-testing method using very small amounts of blood. She founded and was CEO of Theranos, a health technology company. She was declared the youngest and wealthiest self-made billionaire in America. While the company no longer exists due to claims of fraud, she was still pretty dang successful.

Emma Sulkowicz

This young woman is a famous performance artist and an anti-rape activist. She became famous for her performance art titled Mattress Performance (Carry That Weight). It consisted of her carrying a mattress everywhere she went her final year on campus (including at her graduation ceremony), protesting the campus’ response to her being raped in her dorm room her sophomore year.

Tavi Gevinson

Gevinson, currently 23, founded and became editor-in-chief of a magazine geared toward teenagers called Rookie at the age of 15. Before this feat, she first got attention for her fashion blog when she was 12. She’s also had many acting and singing roles and is passionate about women’s rights.

Malala Yousafzi

This list wouldn’t be complete without Ms. Yousafzi. At 17 years old, she survived a gunman’s attack while on her way to school. She became a strong advocate for women’s rights in education. She earned a Nobel Peace Prize, becoming the youngest recipient.

These are just a few of the many inspirational millennial women out there (including you!). Keep following your dreams; you can accomplish anything. 

Hello! I am one of the Her Campus DU Campus Correspondents! I am majoring in Psychology with minors in Chemistry and Criminology with the hopes of becoming a Forensic Psychologist someday! I joined Her Campus to be able to get my voice out there, as writing is one of my utmost passions. Some of my favorite things include Jesus, my family, and learning new things.