matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Local Coffee Shops You Need to Visit this Coming Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Does Denver know it’s still fall? We can’t be sure. And with winter fast approaching, you’ll need to stay warm with a hot cup of coffee at these local coffee shops!

Kaladi Coffee and Roasters

Location: 1730 E. Evans Ave.

Kaladi Coffee and Roasters is an all-time classic for DU students. Its central location makes for the ideal short walk between classes and allows for a quick and cozy getaway. Not only is Kaladi’s a perfect study break (or library alternative), but this little coffee shop also prioritizes local businesses and fair-trade coffee. What a great place to defrost while supporting sustainability!

La Belle Rosette Espresso & Wine Bar

Location: 2423 S. University Blvd.

Looking for a different nearby coffee shop? La Belle Rosette Espresso & Wine Bar is another DU classic of coffee shops. Located just on University, La Belle’s is worth the walk for the right espresso to get you through exam period. Also, La Belle’s is famously known for their panini and extensive cocktail list. It’s a great place for a late-night snack or drink!

Stella’s Gourmet Coffee & Such

Location: 1476 S. Pearl St.

The next time you’re looking for something to do on Saturday morning, take a walk down South Pearl Street and stop for some coffee at Stella’s Gourmet Coffee & Such. South Pearl is one of Denver’s most historic and popular shopping districts. But Stella’s brings a family vibe to the neighborhood—and there’s an endless supply of banana and zucchini bread. Although South Pearl’s farmers market ends with the fall, Stella’s coffee can surely make up for it during the winter.

Corvus Coffee Roasters

Location: 1740 S. Broadway

Other than South Pearl, South Broadway is also a great shopping block to take a walk on. South Broadway is filled with clothing stores, like the luxurious thrift shop Buffalo Exchange. But before you start shopping, head to Corvus Coffee Roasters for a big cup of coffee. This Denver-based coffee shop sources coffee sustainably from all over the world and roasts the beans by hand to give you the sweetest blends.

Wash Perk

Location: 853 E. Ohio Ave.

Got any Friends lovers out there? For those of us who have always wanted our regular spot to be Central Perk, we have an alternative for you…Wash Perk! Just across the way from Wash Park, this little coffee shop is the perfect spot to grab some coffee and a homemade, vegan poptart. Stop by on your next visit to Wash Park; you won’t be disappointed.

Don’t lock yourself in your room all winter—try out these nearby coffee shops and you might just become addicted!

I'm a current senior undergrad at University of Denver, majoring in International Studies and minoring in Environmental Science and Writing. I believe in the power of words and stories--their ability to expand our minds and create change. When I'm not writing, you can find me planning my next visit abroad, dancing around my apartment or reading memoirs.
Currently a graduate from the University of Denver with a BS in Psychology (concentration: cognitive neuroscience) and BA in Spanish. With a passion for learning, she enjoys understanding more the world, others, and herself. She absolutely loves her orange hair, being a woman, traveling, languages, and exploring new ideas and cultures. Also, she's in the #girlgang for life.