pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Books to Get You Through the End of College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

It’s the end of week one at DU and if you are anything like me, you have already been hit HARD with a sever case of senioritis and you are somewhere between terrified of the real world and completely over the school world. Since reading your textbooks is the last thing you want to do right now, we have put together a list of the 5 best books to get you through your last 3 months of college…books you can read instead of your textbooks. 

1. Milk and Honey 

This book of poetry will tug at your heart strings and remind you how strong and wonderful women are. It’s a short read that you can enjoy between calculus notes and capstone research. 

2. #GirlBoss

If you don’t know who Sophia Amoruso is, you haven’t really shopped. Amoruso is the founder of Nasty Gal- an online and LA-based boutique that showcases the best vintage and vintage-inspired looks. She is the most badass of badass women and her story will bring you the comfort of knowing that anything is possible, even if the path you are now isn’t the right one. 

3. Leave Your Mark

Don’t think you are going to do anything with the degree you busted your bum for for the past four years? Me neither. Aliza Licht didn’t think so either- she took her pre-med degree and set it aside to become one of the most famed PR queens of the fashion industry. 

4. Not That Kind of Girl

Lena Dunham will have you giggling, crying, screaming, and cheering in her collection of essays about becoming the woman she is now. Her story will remind you that none of us are perfect, but we can still embrace our stories. 

5. It

Alexa Chung shares her favorite looks and the events, places, and people who inspired her to be the independent and creative style icon that she is today. This light read will inspire you to be the woman you are, from head to toe, no matter what adventure lies around the graduation corner. 

Alicia is a recent graduate from the University of Denver where she earned her degree in Economics and Gender & Women's Studies. She can always be found with a cup of coffee in her hand and is likely to be caught singing 90s R&B throughout the day. Now exploring her next steps in life, she is taking fashion courses at the Parsons New School of Design and planning out her graduate school and career moves. She is inspired by the writings of Roxanne Gay, the style of Alexa Chung, and the lifestyle of Grace Coddington.