10 Things We All Hate About Tabling

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Let’s face it, at some point every quarter most of us end up tabling for some club we are a part of (including Her Campus!). These are a few confessions from a week 10 tabler. We all HATE…

1. The pressure to harass people

2. The awkward eye contact you make with people when you don’t harass them

3. The awkwardness of what to even say to people

4. When people are blatantly rude to your face

5. The oh shit moment when you do get someone interested and you don’t have the answers to their questions

6. That feeling of utter stupidity when you talk to someone wearing headphones and you get completely ignored and end up feeling like a fool

7. Having to pee but no one to watch your table so you sit and wiggle through the agony

8. The “looks” you get from cute guys walking by that you try to avoid but can’t

9. The tongue twisted things that come out of your mouth after saying the same 10 things for hours on end

10. The awkwardness of being the only table on the bridge, but the anger and competition when there are others tabling… You just can’t win

But in the end, you know you killed it and you’ll do it all over again any other day

Molly is from Salina, Kansas and is a second year at the University of Denver. She is currently an International Studies and French major. When Molly isn't writing for HC, she is working as a swim instructor for a private company teaching little kiddos! If she's not working she loves hanging out at Kaladi Brothers Coffee, or thrifting at local thrift shops. Molly is involved in humanitarian organizations and the french club on campus! Molly's motto is, "Follow your arrow no matter where it points".