10 Fun and Festive 2019 Advent Calendars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

With December drawing near, holiday cheer is quickly increasing. One of my favorite holiday traditions is advent calendars. There are so many fun advent calendars related to almost any interest. From makeup to bath to collectibles to candy, there is an advent calendar for nearly everything. Here are some of the fun advent calendars available for purchase this winter!

Sephora Collection Frosted Party Advent Calendar

Sephora comes out with an advent calendar every year. This year’s calendar is “Frosted Party” themed and features 24 beauty products that include a wide range of different types of beauty products, and 11 limited edition beauty surprises! There’s a mix of lipsticks, eyeshadows, bath products, and face masks to help you get into the holiday spirit.

It is available for purchase at Sephora for $45 (and it’s a $71 value!!!)

lookfantastic Advent Calendar

Although this beauty advent calendar is already sold out because it’s highly anticipated, I decided to include it in case they decide to restock (or to look out for it next year)! Although this is only the fourth year of this advent calendar, it has been a hit each year since you are paying $99 for a much bigger value of high end products! Brands include Elemis, Molton Brown, and Morphe. If you’re thrown off by the price, remember that one of the products included is $64.13 alone – definitely getting the bang for your buck!

It is available for purchase (if they end up restocking it) at lookfantastic for $99 (and it’s a $514 value!!!) 

NYX Love Lust Disco Greatest Hits Lip Advent Calendar

If you’re a lipstick lover, this is always a great advent calendar to purchase. I tried it out last year, and I loved the quality of the lipsticks. The best part is the calendar includes a wide variety of  lip products ranging from Butter Gloss to Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick. They also include a variety of different shades, so you’re bound to find a favorite!

It is available for purchase at Ulta for $60.

The Body Shop Dream Big This Christmas Advent Calendar

If you’re more of a bath and body product lover, this advent calendar would be perfect for you. This year the calendar includes both top products from various collections and some of their special edition seasonal products. They even packaged it adorably, creating a fun village theme. Items include bath bombs, soaps, body scrubs, hand creams and more! You’ll surely be smelling great this holiday season. 

It is available for purchase at The Body Shop for $70 (and it’s a $120 value!!!)

Yankee Candle Countdown Calendar

I know there are lots of candle lovers out there (who doesn’t love the aesthetic of a candle burning while filling the atmosphere with wonderful scents?). Yankee Candle has a countdown calendar every year, and this year the packaging is gold themed. The first day of the advent calendar includes their Flickering Votive/Tea Light Candle Holder, while the rest of the days include 12 Votive Candles and 12 Flickering Tea Light Candles of different scents. Who knows, you might be inspired by some of the scents to get full size candles! We all know how hard it can be to find the perfect scent.

It is available for purchase at Yankee Candle for $40.

Harry Potter: I’d Rather Stay at Hogwarts this Christmas Advent Calendar

Being in England for the term, I am now much more aware of the magic of Harry Potter. So, when I saw this advent calendar, I had to include it! For Harry Potter fanatics out there, each day of this advent calendar includes Harry Potter memorabilia, ranging from playing cards to pencils to notebooks. It’s okay to geek out every once in a while, and this calendar sure will inspire you, too!

It is available for purchase at merchoid.com for $40.

Macy’s Wine Lovers’ Advent Calendar

For those old enough to enjoy alcohol, this fun advent calendar is a fun way to spice up your December. There are 24 bottles of single serving wine from all over the world, including a top-secret red wine they don’t want to reveal until you open it yourself (but apparently it is a must try!). Wine types include Prosecco, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, and more! You’ll definitely look forward to discovering your new favorite wines with this exciting advent calendar – warning, it typically sells out quickly!

It is available for purchase at macyswinecellar.com for $139.99.

Palais de Thés Tea Advent Day Calendar

Nothing is better for cozying up on winter nights like a nice cup of warm tea. There are plenty of tea advent calendars out there, but this is one of the most popular. Enjoy 24 days of different flavored teas made in France each day. As they put it, “just add honey, a splash of milk if you please, and a snowy window to sit near!”

It is available for purchase at food52.com for $32.

2019 Christmas Chocolate Advent Calendar

Here’s a classic – enjoying a chocolate a day! Godiva continues their annual chocolate advent calendar, which includes a new assortment of milk chocolates, dark chocolate, and white chocolate. Some of them are fun holiday shapes (who doesn’t love chocolate snowmen, penguins, and Santas?).

It is available for purchase at godiva.com for $29.95.

Advent Calendar Coloring Book

For my final advent calendar, I decided to switch it up and include a non-material advent calendar that could help you wind down amid the stress of the holidays. Each day has its own fun, relaxing numbered coloring page that will both put you in the holiday spirit and relax your mind with the power of art. It is a cheap option for an advent calendar for those who love to color and doodle. Get out your weapon of choice – colored pencils, crayons, or markers – and color away!

It is available on Amazon for $7.45.

Obviously, there’s an unlimited amount of other advent calendars that I couldn’t include, so do some digging and find the perfect one for you. Happy Holidays, and may the countdown begin!

Hello! I am one of the Her Campus DU Campus Correspondents! I am majoring in Psychology with minors in Chemistry and Criminology with the hopes of becoming a Forensic Psychologist someday! I joined Her Campus to be able to get my voice out there, as writing is one of my utmost passions. Some of my favorite things include Jesus, my family, and learning new things.
Currently a graduate from the University of Denver with a BS in Psychology (concentration: cognitive neuroscience) and BA in Spanish. With a passion for learning, she enjoys understanding more the world, others, and herself. She absolutely loves her orange hair, being a woman, traveling, languages, and exploring new ideas and cultures. Also, she's in the #girlgang for life.