This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Sometimes that class you threw into your schedule just isn’t working out for you. Maybe its the professor, maybe its the work, but something in that class is killing your vibe. Me too, sis, me too.

So here’s the sitch: when it came time for the next quarter’s class schedule and you were checking your degree requirements (if you’re a good little schedule-er like me), you picked that class you needed for an elective or to finish off a credit requirement. Now, 7 weeks into the quarter, you want to drop. Here are a few reasons why you shouldn’t (or at least a few reasons why I decided not to).

Image Courtesy of Unsplash

1. I passed the midterm

The midterm in our class was given in week 6 and when my class starting getting tougher it was about week 3. After talking with my parents and a few other trusted friends, I decided to wait and see what my midterm grade would be before dropping the class. I passed the midterm with an 80 and my grade in the class went to an 85, so I figured that sticking it out until the final wouldn’t do much harm to my GPA.

Image Courtesy of Unsplash

2. I talked to my professor about it

When I wanted to drop, I was more frustrated with the content of the class than anything else. I tried talking to my professor to see if there was any way she would be willing to work with me so that I would feel less inclined to drop the class. She told me that since I had a B in the class she didn’t think it was worth me dropping, and I agreed.

Image Courtesy of Unsplash

3. I would’ve been at 12 credits if I dropped

The class I was planning to drop was worth 4 of my 16 credits and as much as I could have lived without those for extra credits, I didn’t want to finish my last quarter of freshman year with that little credits.

Image Courtesy of Unsplash

4. I waited until week 7 and at that point had already gone through most of the class

By the time I had made my decision about dropping, I had already gone through the majority of the class and I didn’t see a point in wasting the time and effort I had already put into the class, plus there are only a few more weeks left and I felt like I could make it until the end of the term if I just gritted my teeth through the remaining classes.

Image Courtesy of Unsplash

5. I needed the class for a graduation requirement anyway

At the end of the day, I needed this class to fulfill a graduation requirement and if I dropped it, I would have to take two other classes which would add to my overall staggering amount of remaining credits.

Look, sometimes classes are wack as h*ll and going to them sucks the life out of your day or even your week. Sometimes, it’s not worth dropping that class so you just gotta grin and bare with it till the end of the term. But hey, once it’s over, it’s over and you (hopefully) don’t have to take that class again.

I am a public relations major with hopes to work for an agency PR firm one day. I love writing and I'm always on the hunt for new article ideas and I love collaborating with like-minded people! Find me on my listed social media and reach out with any questions or comments, I'm happy to talk to you!
Her Campus Drexel contributor.