Why We’re Excited for the New “Jersey Shore” Reunion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

It’s officially been announced recently that MTV is going to bring back Jersey Shore for a reunion season. Titled, Jersey Shore Family Vacation, the season will feature most of the main cast: Vinny, Pauly D, Snooki, Deena, JWOWW, Ronnie, and the Situation (Sammi Sweetheart and Angelina are not expected to be on this reunion).

And we could not be any more excited.

Image courtesy of NY Daily News

Jersey Shore was a show on TV when most of us were teenagers, which means that, for those who watched it, it was an iconic part of our lives while we were growing up. We fell in love with the crazy antics of all of the cast – Sammi and Ronnie’s relationship, Snooki’s ridiculous drunken actions, Pauly D and Vinny’s bromance, and whether or not JWOWW’s boyfriend was going to cheat on her. Even through the cast members all did terrible things, they were still hilarious and interesting to watch. They always delivered on the drama and entertainment.

This time around, all of the cast members are much older and probably a lot more mature. They’ve all moved on from their younger partying years and have grown up in so many ways: Snooki has a husband and two children as well as a clothing brand, a spin-off reality TV show, a podcast, an Etsy store, and several books; the Situation, after a few run-ins with the law over tax evasion, is now sober; JWOWW also has children of her own, a clothing line, some books, and popular YouTube channels; Pauly D was on Famously Single and is a successful DJ; Ronnie was also on Famously Single and featured in some advertisements; Deena appeared on a few shows and now works as a dog trainer; and Vinny has become a mental health advocate and dabbled in acting and comedy. Clearly, all of these former partiers have found other passions and moved on.

However, part of me feels that this maturity isn’t going to last the whole reunion. I think once the seven cast members get back together, all hell is going to break loose. If there’s anything that we noticed over the six seasons that Jersey Shore was on the air, is that when all of these people get together, there’s always some kind of shenanigans.

I also think that, in order to get high ratings, MTV is going to definitely encourage some kind of drama to happen during the show. What kind of drama? I bet there will be a lot of old flames (such as Sammi Sweetheart) and enemies (like Angelina) that they bring on the show to start conflict as well as a lot of situations where alcohol will be involved, or old arguments brought up.

Even though the cast members have all gotten older, the Jersey Shore Family Vacation is guaranteed to be a wild ride.

Her Campus Drexel contributor.