stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Which Workout App is Best for You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Working out can be a struggle sometimes. You might find it hard to get motivated or not know what to do when you get there. Finding a good workout class is hard too! Lot’s of gyms and fitness classes are super expensive and not a realistic purchase for a college student. Soul Cyle, Orange Theory, Core Fitness and many others are all the rage right now but not cheap at all! Here are some great fitness apps you can download on your phone that are affordable or free!

1. Strava: This app is perfect if you’re a runner or cyclist Strava is a fitness app used to track cycling and running. Strava is a social fitness app that uses GPS to track cycling and running. You can share your exercises with your friends and even post pictures of where you ran or cycled to show your other exercise buddies. This app is perfect if you like to track your runs and watch your performance. On Strava you can track your distance, elevation (perfect for athletes at high altitudes), heart rate and mile times. Strava is also super cheap, at only $2.99 a month or $23.99 a year, you have no reason to not download this app!

1. 7 Minute Women: Perfect if you struggle to get to the gym or are too busy to find the time and a short workout is better than no workout at all. This app provides strength training and cardio workouts. All workouts have videos and audio instructions. Another bonus, this app is free on iTunes!

1. Daily Yoga: This app is not free but will be worth your money! Its $10 per month or $40 per year on iTunes or Google Play. Download this app if you’re an experienced yogi or just starting. It has yoga workouts for any level! Pick yoga classes for getting toned or becoming more mindful, this app has got everything.

1. Nike Training Club: Nike training club is also a great fitness app. It has 100+ workouts that are all guided by experts. You can also personalize your workout plans based on your workout plan, schedule and needs. This app is also free! This app is also good if you struggle to get motivated to workout. The main goal of the app is to get you motivated to workout and act as a coach.

1. Sworkit: Sworkit is another great app if you struggle to find the time to workout. Similar to other workout apps, Sworkit has guided videos. The exercises can be completed in 5-15 minutes, which is great if you are in a time crunch. You can also personalize your workouts to meet your own fitness goals. Sworkit offers you a free personal trial or is $2.99 or $19.99 a year. So, not too bad! c
Born and raised in the city of Philadelphia. Currently a nursing student at Drexel University. When not writing for HerCampus or studying loves to run, read and draw.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.