This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Picking out a coat for the wintertime is a big deal. Not only is it a costly investment, but you’re also stuck wearing whatever you choose for the entire winter. So, the coat you end up picking can say a lot about you. Read on to see what your decision means!

Pea Coat

Source

When you think pea coat, you think Jackie Kennedy Onassis. Like her, this type of coat is clean, refined, and elegant. Your coat adds an air of sophistication to every outfit you wear, just the way you like it.

Faux Fur Coat

Source

If you are daring enough to wear a faux fur coat, you are ready to take on the world! This is a bold and luxe look that shows that you are definitely not afraid to take risks. When you walk down the street, people know that you are a trendsetter.

Parka

Source

You’ve planned ahead for the cold weather by buying a coat that is both fashionable and practical. Your parka shows that you are prepared for anything! You’ll be able to keep warm in the winter winds while still looking great.

Trench Coat

Source

Trench coats are a classic that may never go out of style—they’re timeless, match everything, and work with any body type. If you’re wearing a trench, you’ve chosen a great investment piece. You think ahead and plan out your decisions carefully and it pays off.

Toggle Coat

Source

Though it’s stylish, if you’re wearing a toggle coat, you’re probably a pretty patient person. Otherwise, you wouldn’t wear a coat that requires an extra 10 minutes to get on and off! It shows that you’re not afraid to invest in something that takes a little extra effort because you know the end result will be worth it.

The weather’s finally getting colder, so bundle up and keep warm this winter, collegiettes!Was your coat-oscope an accurate reflection of your personality? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter.

Her Campus Drexel contributor.