What to Wear: Thanksgiving Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

The Thanksgiving holiday kicks off our favorite time of year. Being together with your loved ones is what this season is all about. After being tucked away at school for about two months, it’s great to be surrounded by family and friends again. We know that preparing for all the festivities can get really stressful. In the process of decorating for the quickly approaching holidays, studying for the even more rapidly approaching finals, and cooking, you might have forgotten to pick out an outfit… or maybe you didn’t even have the time to think aboout it. We’ve put together three looks that can inspire your outfits for any kind of dinner you may be attending this Thanksgiving. Whether you’re going to dinner at your grandparents’ house, your friend’s house, or even hosting your own dinner, make sure you celebrate this Thanksgiving in style!

Look #1 Casual Chic

1. Round-neck Patterned Loose Sweater — $27 BLACKFIVE.COM  2. Black Pembridge and Rose Zip Pocket Leggings  —  $19 NEWLOOK.COM  3. Zara Leather Riding Boot  — $80 ZARA.COM  4. Express Oversized Pearl Collar Necklace  — $18 EXPRESS.COM  5. Zara Mini Shopper With Pocket  — $60 ZARA.COM  6. Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick, Wine Not 010  — $8 WALGREENS.COM  7. Lorac Pro Powder Cheek Stain, Rosy Glow  — $20 BEAUTY.COM

This outfit is casual and super comfortable. Dinner at a relative’s house may almost guarantee a ton of family members. Stay mobile while you’re playing with your baby cousins or while you’re watching the game—since dinner isn’t ready yet—in your favorite pair of black leggings. Pair it with a loose; oversized sweater to make sure you can stuff your face as much as you want without showing off your food baby. Throw on your riding boots to polish the look. Since it is fall and this outfit is a little plain, add a pop of color! Grab a little berry colored tote to carry all your necessities and throw on a matching lipstick. Keep the rest of your makeup simple by only adding tiny flush of color on your cheeks. Finish off the look with the statement accessory of your choice. You can never go wrong with an appropriate necklace. Throw your hair into topknot and you’re ready to go

Look #2 Classy Chic

1. Chicwish Cable Knit Crop Sweater in Beige  — $45 CHICWISH.COM  2. Slim-fit Pants in Khaki Green  — $29.95 HM.COM  3. ASOS EMPIRE Chelsea Boots  — $80 ASOS.COM  4. Badgley Mischka Talia Glossy Leather Wallet  — $59 LASTCALL.COM  5. MARC by Marc Jacobs Logo Disc Stud Earring  — $42 NEIMANMARCUS.COM  6. Urban Decay Naked3  — $54 SEPHORA.COM  7. Too Faced La Crèame —  $22 SEPHORA.COM  8. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Medium/Deep Matte Bronzer  — $30 SEPHORA.COM

Dinner at a friend’s house this Thanksgiving? This outfit is still pretty casual, but it definitely makes you look like you spent more time planning your outfit than you actually did. Sweaters are your best friend this Thanksgiving. They’re loose enough to cover up how much you ate, and they’re thick enough to keep you warm so you don’t have to look like a pumpkin in that bulky jacket. Pair a white or cream sweater with some khaki pants. These particular ones are stretchy, but slimming at the same time. Add a step up with a nice pair of brown ankle boots. Or, you can opt for an equally nice pair of flats or Chelsea boots.  A small, matching bag will do. Staying on the casual side, wear some simple gold studs. Don’t bother flat ironing your hair; you definitely don’t need to waste that time. Just give your hair a little tease and texture, then throw it into a pony. Simple nude lips and neutral eye makeup completes the look. Put on a little bronzer to lightly contour and add a little more color into your face.

Look #3 Polished Glam

1. Theory Darmelle PL. Velvet Plaid Dress  — $304.50 NEIMANMARCUS.COM  2. Chicnova Fashion Skull Decoarte PU Leather Black Jacket  — $62 CHICNOVA.COM  3. Manolo Blahnik BB Suede 115mm Pump  — $595 NEIMANMARCUS.COM  4. Embossed Box Clutch  — $50 DAILYLOOK.COM  5. River Island Silver Tone Hoop Earrings  — $6 US.RIVERISLAND.COM  6. Metal Punk Ring Silver  — $14 LOOKBOOKSTORE.COM  7. Accessorize Sterling Silver Pearl And Crystal Ring — $23 ACCESSORIZE.COM  8. Silver Boa Knot Heart Ring  — $33.09 OLIVERBONAS.COM  9. Urban Decay Naked Palette  — $54 SEPHORA.COM  10. MAC Lorde Pure Heroine Lipstick and Rapidblack eyeliner – $16 ea. MACCOSMETICS.COM (limited edition)

This look is our favorite of the three. If you’re hosting dinner at your house this year, you have the right to go all out! To have a more polished look, we decided to go with dark colors. A plaid mini dress, like this one, is sure to make you look and feel amazing. Show off your amazing legs and make them look even longer in a nice pair of suede plum pumps. If you don’t have any plum pumps, you can wear a black, patent leather pair instead. Since all of your necessities are within arms reach, carry a compact black clutch with the items you know you’ll definitely need tonight. Drape a leather jacket over your shoulders just to stay in character. Finish off the look with polished silver jewelry. For makeup, we’re going to take it a step further than the first two looks. A smoky, winged eye, and plum lips will compliment this look best. Curl your hair so it resembles Solange’s dream-like head full of curls and you’re ready to be the perfect, polished, glam hostess.

Design & Merchandising major
Simone Wiley is a freshman majoring in fashion design.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.