This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Before you start thinking about all the great things the new year will bring, make sure you celebrate all of the good times you had this year. This New Year’s Eve, go all-out looking glam and fabulous. What’s a good way to make sure of this? Sequins, of course… but in moderation. Each look has only one sequined article of clothing to make sure you sparkle just enough but not too much. The looks are totally just for inspiration, so adjust them to make each one work for you. Say goodbye to 2014 and ring in the new year in style!

OUTFIT #1: GLAM GAL

1.     Fuzzy knitted sweater in beige $53.47 CHICWISH.COM

2.     Bryce sequin, knee-length pencil skirt $440 ALICEANDOLIVIA.COM

3.     Premiere pointed high heels $72.01 ASOS.COM

4.     MyMy Mira leather suede clutch $115 YOUHSHE.COM

5.     GUESS gold-tone jet set stone triple-finger diamond ring $18.37 MACYS.COM

6.     Crystal rhinestone cluster post earrings $14 UNIQUE-VINTAGE.COM

7.     MAC lipstick in Ruby Woo $16 MACCOSMETICS.COM

This look is for all the glam gals out there who aren’t afraid to play around with sequins. A sequin midi will definitely keep you warmer than a mini. For extra warmth, a cream colored fuzzy sweater is perfect. Black suede pumps keep the look sophisticated. Add more black to your outfit with accessories like rings and a clutch. Part your hair in the middle and twist it into a sleek, low bun. Since your hair will be up, wear a pair of post earrings. Seal the look with a kiss of matte red lips.

OUTFIT #2: IRIDESCENT DIVA

1.     Estradeur Fauxe Fur jacket $78 NELLY.COM

2.     MSGM metallic cropped trousers $407.75 FARFETCH.COM

3.     Bralet floral lace tank in white $6.99 AMAZON.COM

4.     BIllini Amanda heeled sandals $58 THEICONIC.COM.AU

5.     Julia sterling silver ring $17 PIECES.COM

6.     Hologram envelope Ccutch bag $22.74 ASOS.COM

For the girls who don’t want to commit to a full on sequin number, try a metallic/holographic look. You’ll shine in this iridescent look as you dance around the party. We guarantee no one else would think to wear metallic trousers like this one. A bralet keeps this androgynous look sexy. This winter, no look is complete without a fur accent so drape a fur coat over your shoulders. Keep your accessories simple with minimal heeled-sandals, an envelope clutch and a ring to match — all in the hologram pattern. Long, loose waves should fall onto your shoulders to keep you warm if you decide to take off your coat. Warm makeup is the perfect complement.

OUTFIT #3: EDGY CHICK

1.     Tall dark green ¾ sleeve sequin bodycon dress $62 NEWLOOK.COM

2.     Platform booties in black leather $160 STEVEMADDEN.COM

3.     DKNY faux fur vest $281.52 FARFETCH.COM

4.     Volcom Janis clutch $48.99 TILLYS.COM

5.     Teardrop hoop earrings $48 BROOKSBROTHERS.COM

6.     Hammered bangle bracelet set $38 MADEWELL.COM

You don’t have to wear gold or silver just because it’s New Year’s Eve. Take the road less traveled and wear a sequin mini dress in a deep, rich color. You’ll be the only gem in a sea of glitter. Lace up heeled booties and gold accents are great additions to edge-up the look. To carry all of your essentials, don’t just grab a plain clutch; rock one with fringe for an added flare. Don’t forget your fur! A long, oversized vest is perfect for this look. For makeup, a little will go a long way: nude lips, a simple wing and bold brows are enough. Pull you hair back and up into a wavy ponytail and you’re good to go.

Design & Merchandising major
Simone Wiley is a freshman majoring in fashion design.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.