This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

We here at Her Campus Drexel are all excited to go home for winter break. Everyone’s looking forward to relaxation, family, and friends. Your family hasn’t seen you in a while, so, this season, we’re sure you have a number of events lined up to attend. Here are three outfits that should cover any event you may have to go to. We kept it “holiday” neutral, making sure not to hone in on one specific holiday to keep everyone in mind. The looks are completely versatile, so you can change up each look to make it work for your event. Happy Holidays! 

OUTFIT #1: HOLIDAY PARTY

1.     Low Rise Solid Tone Leather Pants $29.99 BLACKFIVE.COM

2.     Vintage Geometry Loose Knit Sweater $24.50 CHICNOVA.COM

3.     Premiere Pointed High Heels $72.01 ASOS.COM

4.     Mirror Dial Metal Watch $19.90 WETSTEAL.COM

5.     INC International Concept Rose Gold Tone Large Hoop Earrings $17 MACYS.COM

6.     Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick Nude Kate $32 NET-A-PORTER.COM

Everyone wants to get together for the holidays. Sometimes, it can be a small gathering of close family and friends. Other times, it’s a large party with a group of people you’ve never seen before, but they claim to remember you when you were “this big.” Rather than wear a dress to this party, sport a trendy pair of leather pants. Show off your holiday spirit in a far-from-ugly faire isle sweater. Suede black pumps will complete the look nicely. Hues of rose gold will look gorgeous with this ensemble. Wear your favorite rose gold watch and hoop earrings. For makeup, a pinky nude lip and smoky rose eyes will do.

OUTFIT #2: ICE SKATING DATE NIGHT

1.      Faux Fur Vest $39.95 HM.COM

2.     Leni High Waisted High Shine Disco Pants $35 BOOHOO.COM

3.     Short Top $15 HM.COM

4.     Eyelash Yarn Beanie PACSUN.COM

5.     Black Faux Fur Knit Convertible Mittens $35 FABULOUSFURS.COM

6.     Athena Statement Necklace $34 JEWELIQ.COM

Why not take full advantage of the weather and go ice-skating? Although you’ll want to be bundled up under a couple layers of clothing to stay warm, you don’t have to look like the marshmallow. When done correctly, layering can be a great way to stay warm and still look stylish! If you haven’t already, this is the perfect time to bring out your furs. Wear a cozy sweater under a faux fur vest. A fuzzy hat will keep your head and ears warm. Mittens are a cute touch, especially when they’re embellished with fur. Wear something sparkly around your neck to complement the ice. Pretty white skates (if you own some) will polish off the look. Since much of your face will be covered with your hair and hat, do a simple cat eye and you’re good to go.

OUTFIT #3 FAMILY OUTING TO A LIGHT SHOW

1.     Arrow Pattern Knit Cardigan $41.90 CHICWISH.COM

2.     Flo T-Shirt Dress $47 SALSIT.COM

3.     Chloe Knee High Socks $8 BOOHOO.COM

4.     Faux Leather Platform Booties $37.90 FOREVER21.COM

5.     Moose Skull Necklace $25 METROPARKUSA.COM

6.     Mix Faux Pearl Ring Multi Pack $8.53 ASOS.COM

7.     Red Lizard Semi Matte Lipstick $24 NARSCOSMETICS.COM

This family outing to a light show sure beats waiting in line for hours to get a thirty second meeting with a guy in a Santa suit and an over priced photo that will make you cringe every time you look at it. Light shows are fun and festive so you can be too. An oversized cardigan sweater is casual and comfy. A fun, patterned one is a way to stay festive but not tacky and overdone. Underneath, wear an oversized t-shirt dress in a color that complements the cardigan. The casualness of a t-shirt dress compared to a regular dress ensures maximum comfort. Wear chunky knee-highs and chunky ankle boots. You can switch these out for riding boots if that’s more your style. If the light show is outside switch out the knee-highs for a thick pair of leggings. Play around with dainty silver jewelry. This occasion calls for a ballerina bun. Keep your makeup simple and just rock a bold lip. 

Design & Merchandising major
Simone Wiley is a freshman majoring in fashion design.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.