What a Communication Major Wears in a Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Last week, I showed you What a Design and Merchandising Major Wears in a Week. This week, I am continuing my quest to prove that everyone in every major follows trends and actually does care about the way they dress – not just the fashion majors! To do so, I ventured into the School of Arts and Sciences to photograph the outfits of a communication major.

“It’s hard for me to define my specific style, but I definitely know what I gravitate towards. I love anything that’s sleek, edgy, minimal, well tailored and comfortable at the same time. I only wear black, white and gray pieces, but I am not afraid to wear a statement coat,” Gabriella Tam said of her personal style.

Monday

“This is my typical uniform everyday! I carry my Alexander Wang bag pack that my mother bought me as a gift last year everyday to class. It fits all my essentials. In the colder days, you’ll, 99 percent of the time, find me wearing a turtleneck since they are basically my second skin. I love wearing them under a statement jacket/coat since it makes the whole outfit sleeker. Today, I paired my turtleneck with my leather jacket that I got at Urban Outfitters. I also love my black jeans and my Adidas Stan Smith sneakers that I wear everyday.”

Tuesday

“I’m heading to New York tonight right after class, so I decided to wear something comfortable all day before I sit on a two hour bus ride. I paired another one of my black turtlenecks underneath my army green bomber jacket. It’s padded inside, so it keeps me warm and comfortable! I’m also wearing another pair of black jeans, and of course, my Adidas Stan Smith sneakers that I love.”

Wednesday

“Today, I decided to take a break from my sneakers and wore for my favorite black patent leather booties. I wanted to stay comfortable since I have classes all day, so I decided to wear a white T-shirt, and paired it with my favorite black leather jacket. You can never go wrong with a black leather jacket!”

Thursday

“I decided to switch out my regular black jeans for a pair [of] high-waisted blue jeans – a very rare occasion! I wanted to keep it simple but sleek today so I paired it with a navy blue turtleneck, my black patent leather booties and a long black duster coat!”

Gabriella managed to pull off a four-day week considering she had no classes on Friday. Her outfits don’t represent how every communication major dresses, but it shows that even as a COM major she does care about her style. One element that was key for my D&M major friends and Gabriella was comfort. As I stated before, we’re all comfortable in different things, and that’s what makes our style personal.

Design & Merchandising major
Her Campus Drexel contributor.