This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Listed below we have compiled thirty life lessons that we each have learned over the years, in our 20’s and throughout our college experience. No matter what is taking place in your life, there is always going to be a lesson learned.

Jayla:

1. Rest. Your body needs a break.

2. Ask for help when you do not understand something.

3. No one is like you, so continue to kick ass.

4. Make every moment count.

5. Focus on yourself only.

6. You can’t please everyone.

7. Be friendly and kind to others; you never know what someone else is going through.

8. Nothing comes easy, and success does not happen overnight!!!

9. You can’t say yes to everything. Overworking yourself is not worth it!

10. BE HAPPY AND PROUD OF YOURSELF!

Sandra:

1. Don’t worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. *Also a Bible verse :) (Helps me with my anxiety!)

2. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable. 

3. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take (MJ)….slide in that person’s DMs today.

4. If you don’t ask, you’ll never know. 

5. No one else will prioritize you but YOU.

6. Bad vibes get CUT OFF.

7. Your mental health is important.

8. The way you treat others is a direct reflection of how you feel about yourself….don’t be a nasty person.

9. Stop caring what people think.

10. Embrace failure.

Sam:

1. Your mental health is your #1 priority. It takes priority over everything and everyone.

2. Go after what you want. 

3. Show kindness in the moments when you wish you were shown the same.

4. Very few things are truly “end of the world” events so try not to stress too much.

5. Failure is 100% normal. 

6. Give yourself the same love, energy and attention you give those you love the most.

7. The most important person in your life is YOU. So treat yourself like it.

8. If you’re questioning if someone or a situation is toxic, it probably is. Cut it off and you’ll grow so much because of it.

9. Overthinking is going to hold you back, so just do it. Leap.

10. It’s your life, no one else has to live it. So live it how you want.

We have each learned valuable life lessons and we hope that what we learned in 2020 will help us continue to be better in 2021!

Sandra is a junior in the BS/MS Communications program at Drexel University. She is studying Public Relations and Marketing. She plans to work within the sports industry either behind the scenes, or in front of the camera. She loves modeling, content creating, relaxing with a good face mask, and of course arguing over sports with the ENTIRE family. She's your go to girl for any sporting event, and will always keep you updates with what's going on in the sports world! She loves to write and is not afraid to speak her knowledge and opinions. Who gon check her? No one.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.