This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

If you are just beginning a relationship or don’t want to break the bank for your “Galentine”, these ideas have you covered.

1. The Classic Mixtape

I mean, who isn’t a sucker for a curated playlist made especially for you? Go vintage and use old Maxwell cassettes, or just go simple and pop that CD in your laptop and download via iTunes. Think of song order and organize how your special someone wants to hear your bop selections. Decorating your mixtape will add another creative, fun and visually appealing aspect to this special gift. No need to print anything out – grab your makers and colored pencils to deck out this awesome homemade present!

Image Courtesy of Urban Outfitters

2. DIY Memory Jar

This is yet another cute and memorable gift anyone could give. If you have a long-term history with someone or even a week-long relationship, consider using this method of gifting. Use a jar sitting in your kitchen or buy a Mason jar that runs for a dollar each at the dollar store. Grab some ribbon, paint, markers, or printed paper to decorate. Write some inside jokes on the outside or a romantic quote your other will love. You can fold up little pieces of colored construction paper listed with remarkable memories you have experienced together. Not in the mood to write? Fill it with candy galore. 

Image Courtesy of AngelList

3. Hoop Earrings

Earrings are a girl’s best friend. Hoops are absolutely leading the earring jewelry trend today. According to Khloe Kardashian, she even goes on a budget with her statement hoops. You can grab some inexpensive ones from either Forever 21, Claire’s, or your one-stop-shop of Amazon. The more, the merrier! Change up the size, shape and color. Maybe even grab some heart-shaped ones to feel the Valentine’s Day aesthetic even more. Catch this set for $5.90 at Forever 21.

Image Courtesy of Forever 21

4. Make a Good and Cheap Meal

Either in a dorm or apartment with a mini kitchen? No worries. Leanne Brown, a home cook in Brooklyn with a Canadian flair, is a recent cookbook author. Her “eat well on $4/day” Good and Cheap cookbook is filled with delicious recipes that fall right in a college budget. You can read her full cookbook online for free here. Your treated guest will adore the thought of a home-cooked meal that both saves you the money and race for a reservation at a restaurant. If you want to go a bit further, set down a blanket and have a picnic, or put on your favorite Netflix original. 

Image Courtesy of Leanne Brown

5. Fun Picture Frame

Along with the memory jar, highlight a specific memory you have. With Urban Outfitters’ cool and trendy picture frames, you can make any given picture have pizazz. Have a Polaroid camera? Some of their frames fit exactly for those extra Polaroid moments. If your other has a funny side, maybe print out your favorite Valentine’s Day meme, or their dog that is basically their life.

Image Courtesy of Urban Outfitters

6. Box of Insomnia Cookies

Insomnia! Head out to Insomnia Cookies and order The Six Pack filled with six traditional cookies for around $10. Currently, the cookie haven is specializing in heart-shaped cookie cakes. You can either choose classic Chocolate Chunk or decadent Red Velvet. All Heart Shaped Cakes include customizable Valentine’s Day messaging. While supplies last… order yours beginning from now until the 18th! Your Valentine will not be disappointed. 

Image Courtesy of Insomnia Cookies

7. Meme Card Pack 

Will you meme my Valentine? Memes are great, and your Valentine will think so too. Headed to Urban one day? Pick up this pack of humorous cards. Pass these out to friends with candy taped to the back just like those elementary school days. The booklet gives you step-by-step instructions of simple tracing and cutting to fully present your meme notion. Check out UO’s Valentine’s shop just in general for some gift ideas. Want to print out your own? SomeeCards website is filled with a V-Day meme for everyone, so go look at them here.

Image Courtesy of Urban Outfitters

Never forget the classic flowers and candy! Take one of these gifts and add your own unique spin this special holiday. 

Zara Barrett is a Design and Merchandising student at Drexel University. She loves all things fashion, beauty, and health.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.