Style

Trend Alert: Monochrome Skirts & Sweaters

Image Courtesy of H&M Searching for a new look this season? You're in luck — the latest trend in cozy winter fashion is here: monochrome sweater/skirt sets. H&M, in particular, has been rocking this trend (get the looks featured cover photo looks on their website here, here, and here.) Below, we’ve put together some monochromatic outfits of our own to show you just how easy it is to recreate this trend yourself. Hint: It’s all about varying textures and finding the right shoes to match.

1. Gray Day

SheIn Marled Knit Stepped Hem Sweater in Grey, $23.40Amazone XINUO Tulle Skirt in Light Grey, $32.99Nike Air Force 1 Sage Low Platform Sneaker in White, $100

2. Dusky Green Gains

H&M Knit Turtleneck Sweater in Dusky Green Melange, $29.99H&M Pleated Skirt in Light Turquoise, $29.99Nordstrom Talent d’Orsay Flat in Rhinestone, $91.95

3. Bold in Burgundy

SheIn Rolled Neck Bishop Raglan Sleeve in Burgundy, $21SheIn Solid Pleated Mini Satin Skirt in Burgundy, $16Michael Kors Felix Slip-On Glitter Sneaker in Black Multi, $145

4. Trust in Turquoise

AE Crew Neck Oversized Sweater in Green, $49.95H&M Pleated Skirt in Dark Green, $39.99Marc Fisher Alva Bootie in Chic Cream Leather, $219.95

5. Rose Vinyl Vindiction

ASOS Petite Vinyl Pencil Skirt in Rose, $32AE Mock Neck Oversized Sweater in Pink, $49.95Steve Madden Vegas Pump, $35.98

6. Bringing the Beige

AE Slouchy Ribbed Crew Neck Sweater in Oatmeal, $44.95ASOS Outrageous Fortune Plus Midi Pleated Skater Skirt in Mink, $51Gills Platform Slip-On Sneaker in Beige Snake Print, $81.95

7. Forest Green Fantasy

SheIn Solid Stand Collar Argyle Knit Sweater in Green, $25SheIn Solid Elastic Waist Pleated Skirt in Green, $15Jeffrey Campbell Siren Bootie in Black Croco Patent, $124.95

8. Think Mink 

AE Slouchy Textured Crew Neck Sweater in Purple, $54.95Amazon Tulle Fairy Skirt in Coffee, $31.99Topshop Cabo Low Top Sneaker in White, $45Do you have a favorite outfit from above? Would you style this trend differently? Let us know on Instagram @hercampusatdrexel!
Her Campus Drexel contributor.