absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Trader Joe’s Recipes That Will Keep You Warm and Full This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

If you’re like me when winter hits, I prefer not to venture outside to get my lunch and dinner. When it’s snowy, blustery, or just all out grey and gross, I have a hard time justifying walking in all that. Trader Joe’s is one of my favorite grocery stores and I’ve found they have simple, delicious recipes on their website that kept me warm and full this winter. Hopefully, they’ll do the same for you! 

1. Trader Joe’s Organic Creamy Tomato Soup 

Okay, so this first one isn’t a recipe, but it is delicious. I’ve had this soup for lunch twice in the past week and even reheated in the microwave it was really tasty. 

2. Brussel Sprout Ravioli

Image Courtesy of Trader Joe’s

I was actually surprised at how tasty this dish was. I bought it accidentally one night in a rush and when I realized it was Brussel sprout-stuffed ravioli, my instinct was to give it away. But, I tried it one night and loved it. It’s super easy to make and I got two servings out of one package. 

3. Harvest Pasta Sauce

I actually took time on my Sunday afternoon to make this sauce, which is something I’ve never done before. I was a little surprised when I had to mix maple syrup into it, but it was such a small amount I couldn’t really taste it at the end. I didn’t use Trader Joe’s pasta like the recipe stated to, but it made no difference. 

4. Vegan Mac’n Cheese 

Image Courtesy of Trader Joe’s

I myself am not a vegan, but I heard from a friend that this mac n cheese was delicious even if you aren’t. This recipe had the longest prep time of any I tried, but the product was well worth it. The almond milk gave it a tiny amount of sweetness, which made it really easy to eat! 

5. Sam’s Sweet Potato Soup

This recipe took me longer than the supposed 45 minutes. I didn’t use only Trader Joe’s products, but it didn’t make a difference. It was hearty and filling for a cold Saturday afternoon. 

6. Veggie Burger with Almond Butter Turmeric Slaw

Image Courtesy of Trader Joe’s

I chose this recipe because I thought it sounded super tasty and I was right! The only ingredient I switched out was the hamburger bun; my Trader Joe’s was out of honey wheat. I want to try this recipe again to see if the bun really does matter. 

These six dishes really helped me stay warm and full this past month. Quite a couple of them got me more than just one serving, which I was thankful for because a girl’s gotta save money somehow, am I right? Anyway, I hope you enjoy these recipes just as much as I did! 

Bebhinn Nagle is a pre-junior at Drexel University, where she is majoring in Nursing. Along with this role of writer for HerCampus Drexel, she is also the recruitment chair for the school's student nurses' association.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.