Top 8 Restaurants for Late-Night Munchies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

It’s getting late. Your nose is dug deep into your textbook or laptop, and your stomach is beginning to ache in an attempt to call out for food. Your kitchen is a barren wasteland and you look out the window to see that there isn’t a living soul in sight. Little do you know, the employees at the following restaurants are working diligently to satisfy your late-night cravings, which will put you right to bed.

Feelin’ American? 
Baby Blues is the way to go. This quaint, authentic restaurant is guaranteed to satisfy your craving for genuine American BBQ. Located on 3402 Sansom St. in University City, Baby Blues is a short distance from any residence on campus. Treat yourself to their famous wings, pulled pork sandwich, Willie Brown burger, baby back ribs platter, and not to mention, their banana pudding, a house specialty, made from scratch! Disclaimer: they deliver (which not many people know), however, if you are nearby, you should definitely stop in!

Average Customer Rating: 4/5

Hours: Sunday-Wednesday 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m.

Thursday-Saturday 11:30 a.m.-11 p.m.

Italian or nah?

Hit up Savas on that late night weeknight grind or while out on the weekend.  Although you have probably been to or heard of this well-known spot, try something new! Experiment with a new pasta, maybe a salad, different pizza flavor, or even a Panini. Their most popular items include a grilled salmon salad, stuffed peppers, ricotta pizza – and for dessert, try their chocolate cake. Go to Savas on a date, a night out with friends, or order in and spoil yourself – you deserve it. They are located on 3505 Lancaster Ave., you can’t miss it!

Average Customer Rating: 3.5

Hours: Sunday-Thursday 8 a.m.-1 a.m.

Friday-Saturday 8 a.m.-2 a.m.

What about Chinese?

New South China is definitely one of my favorites. Located on 1640 South St., their close proximity to Drexel’s campus makes them a quick and easy pick for delivery. Their most popular items are their ten dumplings (for $5.25), crab rangoons, chicken lo mein, General Tso’s chicken combination platter, and sesame chicken. Their prices are very reasonable and the portions are large enough for next-day left overs with lasting freshness and taste.

P.S. They make bomb steamed pork dumplings if fried food isn’t for you.

Average Customer Rating: 4/5

Hours: Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.-11 p.m.

Friday-Saturday 11:30 a.m.-11:30 p.m.

Sunday 12 p.m.-11 p.m.

Down for Thai?

Order from or visit Lemon Grass Thai Restaurant on 3630 Lancaster Ave. Their extensive menu and flavorful platters make them one of the best Thai delivery restaurants in the University City area. If you choose delivery, the freshness and quality of the food will seem as though it has come directly from the saucepan and onto your plate.

Average Customer Rating: 5/5

Hours: Monday-Thursday 11:30 a.m.-9 p.m.

Saturday 12 p.m.-10 p.m.

Sunday 5 p.m.-9 p.m.

Japanese? Definitely.

Tsuki Sushi lives up to its 5 out of 5 stars average customer rating. For instant freshness and fun, ornate specialty rolls, order from Tsuki, located on 2135 Walnut St. Their most popular items include: edamame, pork gyoza, spicy tuna roll, Hottie Victor roll, fantasy roll, and godzilla roll. One order of Tsuki Sushi’s specialty rolls should be enough to satisfy your appetite and get you through the night.

Average Customer Rating: 5/5

Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 11 a.m.-10:30 p.m.

Friday-Saturday 11 a.m.-11 p.m.

Sunday12 p.m.- 10:30 p.m.

Vietnamese though…

If you are craving Vietnamese, order from Vietnam House … Pho real. They are located on 901 Race St. and are conveniently open during the wee hours of the night. Check out their famous house special Pho, beef Pho, beef and brisket Pho, chicken Pho, or house special rice vermicelli. Get your Pho on with the best Vietnamese restaurant in Chinatown.

Average Customer Rating: 5/5

Hours: Sunday-Tuesday, Thursday 12 p.m-2 a.m.

Wednesday 12 p.m.-6 p.m.

Friday-Saturday 12 p.m.-3 a.m.

How about Mexican?

Mad Mex is guaranteed to bring in the fiery, West Coast flavor. Their location at 3401 Walnut St. is a short delivery wait or a brisk walk away. Head on over or let the guac come to you! Either way, I recommend you indulge in their massive nacho platter. Your taste buds will thank you.

Average Customer Rating: 3.5/5

Hours: Monday-Sunday 11:30 a.m.-2 a.m.

Indian?

Tandoor Authentic Indian Restaurant is a 4 out of 5 star hotspot for authentic Indian food (hence the title). Make sure to order one of their most popular items, such as their veggie samosas, chicken tikka masala, chicken curry, chicken makhni, or lamb vindaloo. This is without a doubt the place to go/deliver from that will add a burst of flavor to your week.

Average Customer Rating: 4/5

Hours: Monday-Sunday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.

Lets face it. Everyone’s experienced that lingering late-night craving for food. Whether your food of choice is a nourishing banana or a filling pizza, we’ve all been there, and now you’ll know exactly which places to call when you want to stuff your face. Bon appétit!

Her Campus Drexel contributor.