This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

For those not in the Northeast, the weather here has been terrible. It’s been raining all the time and it makes it hard to plan things to do outside. My roommates and I were bored one day and decided to start watching The Notebook on Netflix, which turned into us binging all the Nicholas Spark movies.

I’ve never actually watched all the movies back to back like this. But let me tell you, it gets extremely addicting.

Image courtesy of NicholasSparks.Com

1. The Notebook

Truth be told I used to not like The Notebook. I thought it was boring and unrealistic. It was my least favorite Nicholas Sparks movie and I hated how all his other movies would say “From the Author of The Notebook”. Now, I’m so obsessed, I could easily watch it back to back.

2. Safe Haven

For the longest time, this would have been number 1 on my list. The truth is I’m a big Josh Duhamel fan so I always favored this movie. It’s addicting because there is an actual villain in the movie and the main couple is not torn apart by fate.

3. The Best of Me

This is probably the saddest one on the list. I love how it is similar to The Notebook in the sense that they are torn apart and then get back together, but also how it has the Walk to Remember vibe to it.

4. The Choice

I’ve always been fascinated by the idea of the choices we make and how with every time we are faced with making a decision it creates another dimension. I love how this movie shows that every choice we make, no matter how small it may seem, could have a big impact in the future.

5. A Walk to Remember

This was actually the first Nicholas Sparks movie I watched. iPhones were relatively new at the time and not that many people had them. I watched the trailer and made an impulsive decision to spend my entire iTunes gift card on the movie (this was way before the time when I could purchase things on my own). I’m not someone who cries during movies, but this one left me in tears and I like to think of it as the original Fault in our Stars.

6. The Longest Ride

I was so obsessed with the trailer when it came out that I bought the book on Google Books (it was cheaper than on Apple/Kindle) and I read the whole thing in two days. At the time, I was a sophomore in high school and hated reading. The cool part of this movie is that you get two storylines.

7. The Last Song

I used to be a huge Hannah Montana fan and was a Liam and Miley shipper, so naturally, I was a fan of this movie. This has some of the cutest scenes and the ending is fantastic. I felt it had the perfect mix of emotions.

8. Dear John

I know this may sound crazy, but I’ve never been a big Channing Tatum fan, which is probably why this one is ranked last on my list. This was the last movie we watched together, and while it is equally as sad as the other, I never shipped the main couple.

There you have it, my version of the top 8 Nicholas Sparks movies ranked. No matter how you rank them, they are all a great option to binge when you have to spend a day inside. 

Kassidy is a dual marketing and legal studies major at Drexel University in Philadelphia. When she's not in class, you can find her binging a new Netflix series, reading, or standing in line at Starbucks.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.