free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 5 Career Resource Websites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Drexel students know that there are certain career skills that can’t be taught in the classroom, which makes the Co-Op Program extremely beneficial and helps us get opportunities we might not have had otherwise. If you want to be even farther ahead of the job search, career resource websites can be a great tool to get advice and read about other people in the field you’re interested in. There are a lot of resources out there, but we’ve narrowed the list down to the top five.

1. The Muse

This website offers you an inside look into some of the top businesses in the country including Fortune 1000 companies and startups. These company profiles feature video interviews with employees, photos of their offices, and the ability to browse and apply for any open positions. In addition to helping you find a job, the Muse makes it easy to find articles that interest you no matter what stage you are at in your career. They write about topics like productivity, the job search, and being a recent college graduate.

Check out: “6 Super Successful People on How They Turned Their Passion Into a Real Career”

2. Career Contessa

Career Contessa, created specifically for women interested in becoming the best version of themselves in their career and personal life, interviews inspiring women from a variety of fields including education, politics, and business. Within these profiles you can find indispensible advice and insight into people’s career struggles and achievements. The site also lets you search for jobs and read articles about culture, wellness, and life.

Check out: “Abby Larson | Style Me Pretty”

3. I Want Her Job

Somewhat similar to Career Contessa, I Want Her Job interviews women about their careers. If you’re interested in a specific company or field, you can select one from a drop down menu and see a selection of profiles about women who’ve worked there. Different article series, like the “IWHJ Podcasts” where they record their interviews and “A Seat at the Table” where women who work at the same company share their experiences, can give you a greater understanding of the industry you want to go into. Although this website is not as updated as others on this list, it can help you get ahead.

Check out: “Aria Stewart: Editorial Production Supervisor, Disney”

4. JAX Digital

JAX Digital, a company that makes college and career readiness tools for college students, has an active Facebook page where they post articles and infographics about leadership development and career topics. Liking the page will ensure that you get a dose of wisdom on your Facebook feed every week.

Check out: “6 Qualities of Great Leaders”

5. Pymetrics

Pymetrics uses neuroscience games to match people up to their ideal careers and companies. Once you’ve been matched to a career path, you can click on it to read more about how your personality traits match up with professionals in that field. You can also see what companies are hiring in that field to get a better idea of what they look for in a candidate. This is the perfect site for anyone unsure about what career to go into or what personality traits they have that can be talked about during interviews and in cover letters.

Check out: “About Pymetrics”

Overcoming any career struggles, building your skill set, and finding inspiration can be made easier by reading through these sites! The things you can learn here can help you in your co-op and beyond.

Sarah is a Marketing and Technology & Innovation Management major from Brooklyn, NY. In her free time she enjoys reading lifestyle/fashion/beauty blogs and literature, trying to get her life together, watching Netflix, and spending an unhealthy amount of time on social media. 
Her Campus Drexel contributor.