Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Top 10 Valentine’s Day Dates in Philadelphia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Every Valentine’s Day I feel like my boyfriend and I do the same thing. Although a romantic dinner is always nice, I wanted to find some unique date ideas for this V-Day. I’ve scoured the web, and here are my top 10 picks for Valentine’s Day dates in Philadelphia.

Philadelphia Museum of Art

Philadelphia has some great museums, but my all-time favorite is the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday the 14th this year which works perfectly since the museum stays open later on Fridays (closing time is 8:45 pm). They also have music performances at 5:45 and 7:15 pm every Friday, Valentine’s Day included. Student tickets are $14 with a valid ID.

Sweetheart Skate at Dilworth Park

Dilworth Park is hosting Sweetheart Skate on Valentine’s Day. From 7 – 10 pm there will be ice skating on the Rothman Orthopaedics Rink, karaoke, and specially priced drinks at the Rothman Cabin next to the rink.

S’mores Making Party at Shane Confectionery

Got a sweet tooth? Stop by Shane Confectionary in Old City from 7-9 pm to create your specialty s’mores! A variety of house-made chocolates, cookies marshmallows, and toppings will be at your disposal so you can create a one-of-a-kind s’more to share with your date…or keep to yourself!

Chinese Dumpling & Wonton Soup Making at Dumpling Academy

From 6-9 pm on the 14th, learn how to make Chinese dumplings and Shanghai-style wonton soup. A chef from the Dumpling Academy will guide you step-by-step on making dumplings as delicious as the photo above looks.

Paint Your Own Pottery at The Expressive Hand

It’s time to get creative! The Expressive Hand is having a great deal this Valentine’s Day. For $55, you and your date get to each select one piece of pottery to paint. With champagne, flowers, and chocolate all included in the price, it seems like a pretty sweet deal to me!

Axe Throwing at Urban Axes

If you’ve ever wanted to try ax throwing, now may be the time to try it! Urban Axes is hosting a Valentine’s Day event from 6 – 10 pm. $45 gets you and your date an hour of ax throwing and a glass of sparkling wine each. If you want to keep the drinks flowing, they are BYO friendly.

Murder Mystery Dinner at Maggiano’s

Maggiano’s Little Italy is switching up the traditional Valentine’s Day dinner date. Watch a murder mystery while you dine on a delicious 4-course meal. If you’ve ever wanted to play detective, this is your chance! Murder mystery shows are often interactive and have a humorous nature to them, so you and your date will be entertained all night long.

First Person Arts StorySlam: Ex-Files at Underground Art

The 10th Annual Ex-Files is sure to be a hit if you enjoy performing arts! A StorySlam is a storytelling competition where audience members are invited on stage to tell a real-life story. The participants have a chance to win $100 and compete in the Grand Slam, the season finale. Audience members vote on which story was there favorite. Be sure to grab tickets soon as they do sell out fast!

Valentinos: Comedy + Free Beer at Good Good Comedy Theatre

The title sells itself. Who can resist a good laugh and free beer? With tickets being $20, it’s a steal! Good Good Comedy Theatre has shows at 8 pm and 10 pm.

Love Never Dies Valentine’s Ghost Tour at Hill-Physick House

If you’re looking for an excuse to cuddle up close to your date, this may be ideal for you! This Valentine’s Day Ghost Tour is sure to spook you. The walking tour around Society Hill highlights love stories from some of Philadelphia’s “ghosts”. It ends with a tour of the historic Hill-Physick House.

With so many options to choose from, I’m sure your V-Day date will be anything but boring this year. Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone! 

Abby is a junior at Drexel University, majoring in Communications and minoring in Writing. When she's not writing, you can probably find her working out, trying a new beauty product, or stopping to pet a dog.