This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Podcasts were never my thing growing up. My family never really listened to them until my dad discovered the podcast app and found out that he could listen to gospel lectures and sermons on the app. He went nuts. He would download almost ten to fifteen of them at time out of excitement. This went on for a couple of months until his excitement died out. Fast forward a couple of years to 2017, the year it all changed for me.

Below are three podcasts that anyone and everyone should listen to ASAP:

VIEWS with David Dobrik and Jason Nash

Call me biased but I swear by this duo not only because they took my podcast virginity but also because their content is like none other. Both David and Jason are YouTubers who are a part of the same friend group often referred to as “The Vlog Squad.” David (23) is an absolute fan favorite as he never fails to please with his goofiness and charm while Jason (40 something) is known for being the oldest member and the Vlog Squad ‘dad.’ Together they discuss things ranging from pop culture to stuff that happens behind the scenes in the vlogs and their “YouTube life” along with several guest appearances like Dillon Francis, Charlie Puth and Josh Peck. I would recommend watching their vlogs before listening to the podcast for context but even without context, this podcast is guaranteed to make you laugh. The content is extremely entertaining and leaves the listener wishing their podcasts were longer.

Off Campus

Sometimes, I find this podcast even better than Views (shocker!) Hosted by Taylor Jackson and Abby Lloyd, two bold and extremely unapologetic recent college grads and offices bffs, who focus on all things college. They talk about a range of things varying from Greek life (and their take on it), dating in college, navigating frat (fuck) boys, disaster roommates and being ghosted. Every episode is more encouraging and uplifting as college, especially the weekends, can be catastrophic for several reasons. Every time I do something ‘embarrassing’ or ‘cringeworthy,’ I listen to this podcast for reassurance. Taylor and Abby make me feel like I can’t possibly be the craziest college girl and there most definitely is someone out there who has done something more whack than I have. On somedays, this podcast reassures me more than my roommates/besties can (whoops?)

The Betchelor

It’s Bachelor szn y’all which is why this podcast recommendation is about The Bachelor franchise. Right from the contestant breakdown before filming to weekly recaps focusing on the drama and the stupidity that goes on in the mansion, this podcast has it all. Social media producer Kay Brown and former Bachelor/Bachelor in Paradise alum Derek Peth host this show, and boy are they a combination! Filled with Kay’s witty commentary and Derek’s insider information, this podcast is an absolute essential as episodes can be rather long and ‘dramatic’ to say the least. Episodes are released weekly as the Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor in Paradise are on air, but they also release episodes when nothing bachelor related is on air. These episodes generally focus on updates regarding Bachelor nation and how the couples/winners of the individual shows are doing. Overall, these fifty minute or so episodes are the perfect blend of recap and gossip regarding all things Bachelor.

Alright folks, these are my three podcast recommendations that you have to listen to. They all are extremely lighthearted and require almost zero context to understand. They can be heard while exercising at the gym, while grabbing some lunch during a hectic day of college or even during the sprint to class. Either way, these podcasts are complete gold mines so what are you waiting for? Hurry up and go download them for some entertainment to get you through the week.

Hey! I'm Tanisha and I'm a senior at Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA. I'm a Psychology major with a minor in Criminal Justice and Writing. I am an international student from Dubai, UAE and I deeply miss the city, but Philadelphia has been treating me quite well. My favorite color is yellow, I enjoy working out at the gym as a way of relaxing after a long day and I absolutely love spending time with my family and friends.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.