This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

With the Thanksgiving season rapidly upon us, it’s natural to start thinking about Thanksgiving dinner. But, what you may not be thinking about is what you are going to wear to Thanksgiving dinner. Don’t worry, we have got you covered. Whether the vibe that day is dressy or casual here are some ideas of what you could wear. 

Super Casual 

Image courtesy of Lookbook Store

Knowing that you are going to eat plenty of food and your family is very laid back makes this easy. Leggings and an oversized sweater are the way to go. The less clingy the better, because you want to enjoy your food… oh yeah and your family. 

Dressy Casual 

Image courtesy of Be Modish

I would say upgrade from the leggings for this one. Let’s put on some jeans and maybe a boot. Maybe don’t wear your tightest jeans because that would be a food nightmare. Plus, grandma will probably give you some pretty interesting looks. Throw a nice sweater on top and you’re good to go. For bonus points add a blazer!

Dressy 

Image courtesy of Lulus

The line between dressy casual and dressy can at times be hard to define. So let’s upgrade from a jean to a dress pant. A paper bag waist pant is a great option for this. This way you can avoid that pesky metal belt buckle. 

Formal

Image courtesy of MorningLavender 

Dare we wear a heel? This really depends on how formally you’d like to attend your Thanksgiving dinner. And of course, it also depends on just how much you enjoy heels. Also, wearing a skirt or a dress might not be a bad idea. 

Regardless of the outfit protocol, Thanksgiving is a great time to catch up with friends and family and food. We definitely cannot forget the food.

Studying fashion design at Drexel University.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.