Summer Shoe and Handbag Trends For 2015

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Summer 2015 Shoe and Handbag TrendsEvery summer, as with any season, there are always new and exciting fashion trends to try. HC Drexel has rounded up some of this season’s hottest shoe and handbag trends that will be sure to add some sizzle to your wardrobe. Don’t be afraid to try out some of these trends and mix and match them to fit your own personal style.

Shoes:

1. Gladiators

Whether you choose to go all out (1), or keep your look more subtle (2 and 3), you’ll be sure to make a statement with these sandals. Try them out with flowy dresses or cutoff shorts and a tee.Buy them here!

2. Mules

Whether you prefer them as a stiletto, wedge, or blocked heel, these slip-ons will be sure to elevate your look. To complete the look, try pairing them with other summer pieces, like ‘70’s inspired flare jeans or a streamlined pair of culottes.Find them here!

3. Flatforms

A cross between a flat and a wedge sandal, a flatform is essentially a platform flat. If you’re looking for some additional height without the pain of a higher heel, then this is the perfect shoe for you!Image Source

4. Slides

Not to be confused with your college shower shoes, these slides will be something you actually want to step out in. They pack comfort and style and come in a variety of different colors and prints, you won’t be able to pick just one.Buy them here!

5. Ankle Sandals

You can really step up your game with these ankle sandals.  Both feminine and versatile, these sandals can go from work to play and can be paired with everything from jeans to dresses.Find them here!

Handbags:

1. Bucket Bag

Say hello to your new favorite daytime bag!  Usually made of leather, modern versions of these bags received a stylish update this season with tassels, perforations, and studs, typical of today’s fashions.Image Source

2. Saddle Bag

You don’t have to be on the equestrian team to sport this trend! You can incorporate a cue from the ‘70’s by rocking a saddle bag. With its versatile neutral color and polished feel, this bag is almost guaranteed to become one of your go-to looks.Image Source

3. Envelope Clutch

Minimalist doesn’t have to mean minimal on style. This envelope clutch is functional and stylish, with enough room for your necessities  but without the extra weight. Whether you choose to go with a neutral color or something more eye-catching, you’ll be sure to make a statement either way.Image Source

We hope these ideas will inspire some new additions to your shoe and handbag collection this season. Just one small change can make all the difference in your wardrobe. Get ready to rock these summer trends and be sure to bring the heat.

Lauren is a junior at Drexel University, double majoring in Finance and Marketing. When she's not hitting the books or the gym, you can find her at brunch or out shopping in the city. Her all time favorite things include spending time with her family and friends, the beach, and anything fashion related.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.