Sarah Robinson, Vice President of Recruitment for Drexel Panhellenic Council

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Sarah Robinson is a junior in the custom design program majoring in organizational sciences and she is also the vice president of recruitment for Drexel’s Panhellenic Council (PHC), the organization that oversees all sororities on campus.

Sarah always wanted to be part of a sorority, in fact her first encounter with Greek Life was when she was 5 years old and she sold Girl Scout cookies to a Greek organization at the University of California Los Angeles. She went to their Monday night meetings where Greek life members ate dinner together and allowed guests to come to their houses and make announcements. “[I] left with an overwhelming feeling of love and support from how they welcomed me into their home and cheered for me when I was done with my announcement,” she said.

Since then, Sarah has met sorority women who have been her babysitters, tutors, mentors and friends. As soon as she got to Drexel, she decided to sign up for recruitment. She found her home and she felt she had more to give to the Greek Community. She began recruiting for her chapter as a sophomore and then as a pre-junior she became a Rho Gamma. A Rho Gamma, or a recruitment counselor, is someone who gives up their letters to help potential new members find their own home. It is necessary for a Rho Gamma to hide her affiliation with any particular sorority in order to remain unbiased. Sarah joined the PHC executive board the following year.

As the VP of recruitment, Sarah has to make sure that people are being enlisted into Greek life. Her job covers everything from reserving rooms for events to promoting recruitment to training the Rho Gammas and other logistical components that come along with such a big event. Thankfully, Sarah has the support of PHC advisor Erica, the head of Rho Gammas Jenna, and the rest of PHC e-board. Sarah can hardly wait for things to come together since she has poured her heart and soul into PHC recruitment. Anxieties are high considering it’s right around the corner. Recruitment sign-up closes this Friday, September 23.

Helping the PHC grow as a community is extremely rewarding for Sarah. From seeing Rho Gammas find friendships outside of their own houses to seeing new members find where they belong, recruitment is all about strengthening the Greek community at Drexel. This position has helped Sarah develop skills in planning and project management, which makes for a great talking point in co-op interviews.

Sarah also enjoys walking around the city to explore. She likes finding new restaurants and coffee shops. When she is not out on an adventure, she enjoys curling up in a blanket for some Netflix and chill. When Sarah graduates from Drexel she hopes to be a consultant for companies to create happy, healthy and high efficiency work environments that promote job satisfaction and productivity.

If you are thinking about going Greek, sign up here

SaveSave

Orly is a Venezuelan senior at Drexel University majoring in Public Relations and double minoring in marketing and writing. In her free time, you can find her in a coffee shop writing, color-coding her way through life or binge watching One Tree Hill for the fifth time. She manages HCD's Facebook page as well as their Twitter and hopes to make a career out of social media someday.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.