This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

On Monday, October 15, upon the royal couple’s arrival in Sydney, Australia, Kensington Palace announced that the duke and duchess of Sussex are expecting a baby next spring. The couple is currently engaged in a 16-day tour of Australia and New Zealand. We are so excited!

Image Courtesy of ELLE

The baby will be 7th in line to the throne and will not be a prince or princess like Prince William’s kids are. Harry’s child will be a lord or a lady because he isn’t in the direct line of succession to the throne.

The royal family was informed about the pregnancy on the previous Friday when Princess Eugenie was celebrating her wedding. I wonder if Meghan and Harry didn’t steal Eugenie’s party! Meghan is already 12 weeks pregnant and was hiding her belly when she arrived at Princess Eugenie’s wedding in a dark blue coat.

Image Courtesy of Good Housekeeping

Meghan’s mom Doria is happy about the news and can’t wait to welcome her first grandchild. However, Meghan’s father Thomas Markle reportedly found out about his daughter’s pregnancy from the radio when he was in his car. He said that all he could think about at that moment was how he held newborn Meghan in his hands 37 years ago.

It has been more than a week since the pregnancy announcement and Meghan has rocked several incredibly beautiful and classy pregnancy outfits in the royal tour of Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji.

Meghan went colorful and bright on her 24 October for the last event in Fiji where she gave a speech about the importance of higher education for young women.

Image Courtesy of Good Housekeeping

Meghan wore a beautiful blue cape dress to a state dinner in Fiji on October 23.

Image Courtesy of Good Housekeeping

Duchess wore a more casual vacation dress that looked gorgeous on her for a visit to Kingfisher Bay Resort on Fraser Island on October 22.

Image Courtesy of Good Housekeeping

While Harry was attending the Invictus Games cycle competition on October 21, a woman on the street screamed: “I hope it’s a girl!” and Harry quickly replied, “So do I!”. Personally, I would also love the baby to be a little girl! Bookmakers are already betting on which name the royal couple is going to give their first child. Among the favorites are Victoria, Alice, and Diana for a girl, and Albert, Arthur and Philip for a boy. Which name would you like for the royal baby?

Alise is the President of the Her Campus at Drexel chapter. She is a senior studying Entertainment & Arts Management and hopes to work in the management of cultural organizations in the future. She is an international student from Latvia and loves traveling, photography, and dogs.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.