This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Calling all Philly foodies! Here’s your guide to a few of the best hot spots around town.

Red Crest Fried Chicken

Who would have thought that a little drizzle of honey would make all the difference on a piece of fried chicken? Behold! Your new neighborhood fried chicken joint. From drums to sandwiches and fluffy biscuits, this place will have your mouth watering for more.

Neighborhood Ramen

Prepare your tastebuds for an exciting experience with Neighborhood Raman. With so many options to explore, whether or not you’re looking for spice or some good hearty broth, this place makes ramen that is sure to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Xochitl

Calling all guacamole lovers! Pronounced “so-cheet”, Xochitl lets people create their own guacamole. With a base of just avocado, salt, lime juice, and olive oil, diners can choose from a plethora of options and add ons including cilantro, jalapeno, roasted garlic, and even things like black truffle and ahi tuna.

Big Ass Slices

Here at Big Ass Slices, the pizza is just as fun as the name. Get a late-night double slice of pizza at the ripe hour of 2 am for the perfect ending to a fun night out. 

Emmy Squared

Emmy Squared started out as a New York hot spot and recently opened its location in Queen Village this past fall. Their specialty is their Detroit style pan pizza that is crisped to perfection. My personal favorite is the Le Big Mac which is a fancy take on the classic McDonalds Big Mac with a pretzel bun.

So, if you’re from Philly or just visiting, be sure to visit these hot spots to give your taste buds an experience they’ll never forget!

Hi, I'm Julie! I am an MIS and Business Analytics Major with a Minor in Retail at Drexel University.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.