jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

An Open Letter to All Seniors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

They say that this is the time to have fun. That the four years you are in college will be the best four years of your life. You’re supposed to grow up and actually start adulting once it’s all over. You’ve worked the last however-many-years for this moment. Let’s be honest, this whole journey started way before you moved into your dorm room freshman year. 

Image courtesy of Unsplash

The Best Hasn’t Passed

I hate when people say that college was the best years of their life. That means that after graduation, it’s all downhill. Sister, I’m here to tell you to stop believing that lie. It’s such a big world out there. You have your whole life ahead of you. All the dreams that you have been working towards are about to come true. You have the power to create your own future. 

There are Endless Possibilities

Don’t let fear hold you back. Don’t take a job at the internship you hated just because it’s easy. Work hard and dream big. Decide to apply to Graduate programs in London because you want to see the world, like my friend Sara did. Or maybe move across the country because the time is now and if you don’t do it now then the question is, when? 

Remember How Far You Have Come

During my senior year of high school, I was completely stressed. ACT/SATs bombarded my free time. Trying to raise my GPA that last little bit. Talking to teachers I hated just in case I needed another recommendation letter. Then finally making a decision on where I wanted to spend the next 4 years and what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. You may or may not know where you want to go after graduation. You may not know if what you decided to major in was actually the right choice for you. But here’s the things, through every hurdle that life’s thrown your way you have made it. You will make it through this one too. 

Stop Stressing and Have Fun

This is the last time that any of this will happen. The last time that you pull an all-nighter in the library. Or maybe the last time applying to schools for a graduate degree program. Last year on campus as a student and last year with your college roommates. It’s a year of lasts, so make them count. 

I can’t believe this is it. It’s almost time to make a decision on what I want to do with my life. I still have months and I’m going to make the most of it. Because no matter what happens and what I decide, I’ll never get this time back and I don’t want to have any regrets. 

Kassidy is a dual marketing and legal studies major at Drexel University in Philadelphia. When she's not in class, you can find her binging a new Netflix series, reading, or standing in line at Starbucks.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.