This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

If you are a student at Drexel University, then you know that both Spring and Summer terms have been moved online to avoid spreading the novel coronavirus as much as possible. And to halt the spread of the virus, I’m sure a lot of us will be practicing social distancing and self-isolation, which means we’re going to be stuck at home for a while. Here’s how I will be trying to make the most out of my extended time at home.

Binge-watching TV shows

This is the obvious one. This term was emotionally and academically exhausting for me, and I‘m sure many other students feel the same way. So this is the time to binge watch all those shows that have been collecting dust in your “My List” section of Netflix. Happy watching!

Reading

To give my eyes a break from watching “You” on Netflix all day, I will be reading. I have a stack of books on my desk waiting for me to pick them up as soon as my finals are completed. Preferably in an area of my house where I can sit in the sunlight to replenish my supply of vitamin D which will be having a shortage due to staying inside all day.

Playing video games

I have already pre-ordered the new Animal Crossing game for the Nintendo Switch and it should be arriving at my doorstep on the release date. Playing video games, albeit still staring at a screen for hours, is great because it stimulates your brain while also keeping you occupied.

Dancing

Now that I can’t use walking to class everyday as a replacement for physical exercise, I will be implementing dancing into my quarantine life. Dancing is my personal favorite way of exercising because it does not even feel like exercising. It does not feel like a burden and instead it’s energizing and freeing. If you want to learn more specific dances and not just free-style, you can do what I usually do which is learning the dance choreographies to my favorite k-pop songs. 

Cooking

I don’t know how to cook. However, since I have so much more free time now, I might as well learn. I encourage you guys to use this new opportunity, although it is one with an unfortunate cause, to pick up a new skill that you’ve been wanting to learn!

Make the most out of your time in isolation by taking a break from the stress of school work to just enjoy yourself. And most importantly, stay calm and stay healthy! 

Jana is a current senior at Drexel University (Class of 2022) studying psychology and French. In her free time she enjoys reading, doing yoga, and writing articles for Her Campus.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.