This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Winter break was a much-needed time to relax and not stress me out over coursework for the upcoming term. I binged watched some fantastic shows on Netflix with the time I did have.

Lupin

It is starting with Lupin. It’s an international show based in Paris, France. Assane, one of the main characters, takes himself on the adventure of a lifetime. He and his father Babakar moved from Senegal to Paris for a better life. This short 5-part mini-series takes you on a thrill. In each episode, we learn how his father, before he passed away, has left him clues that will now help Assane out 25 years later. In this show, we know how loyalty and trust can only take you so far, love outweighs evil, and most importantly, trusting your gut is always the right thing to do. If you want something quick to watch that’ll have you wondering what’s next, this is the perfect show.

Grand Army

A show that caught me by surprise that turned out to be unique was Grand Army. This show is based out of Brooklyn, New York City, and follows a diverse group of high school students at Grand Army High School, a competitive public school. Each character deals with their trauma, fears, and issues that we get to see. In my opinion, this show is one of the best teen shows that depicts high school students in a way that does not feel fake. The actors are amazing, and they truly connect with their roles. Within these nine episodes, it’ll have you feeling for these characters and what each one of them goes through. A couple of my favorite lines that stuck to me were

“The world just can’t get enough of shoving white boy stories down our throats and labeling them as American culture at its finest.”

“This isn’t a cry for attention; this is about your entitlement.”

“I just want you to think about all the things that are going to push you forward, not hold you back.”

“It matters who you talk to. It matters who you’re comfortable with. it matters who hears you, who says, “I understand.” it just matters.”

Once again, this show is so real and raw that I’m happy to not only see representation on my screen but to see real-life tragedies and triumphs too. If you want to watch a show that’ll have you fall in love with the character and the storyline, this is for you. Netflix hasn’t announced a release date yet for Season 2, but I’m sure it’ll be here before we know it. 

Bling Empire

The last show that was too good not to talk about had to, of course, been reality tv. Bling Empire recently just got released, and let me say, WOW. It’s very much giving Rich Kids of Beverly Hills. This short 8-episode series takes us through the Los Angeles Asian socialites. The four socialites bring us on their luxurious journey and see what their day looks like today. This is a quick and easy show to have on in the background while you try to work, or if you are entertained like I was, I could not get enough. 

Though I’ve watched many movies and short series, those 3 were the ones I finished first. Each show has its unique flair and is guaranteed to have you wanting more. 

Her Campus Drexel contributor.