#LoveYourself: Manali Naik

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Name: Manali Naik

Major: Biology Minor: Public Health

Class: Junior (Class of 2017)

Relationship Status: Single

What are three words you would use to describe yourself?

Thoughtful, sarcastic, motivated.

What advice would you give to young girls?

Growing up, I always worried about everything. Life is full of uncertainties, but worrying doesn’t make things any better. Figure out what’s important to you, figure out what you are passionate about, and the rest will follow. 

How do you define “beautiful”?

Beauty is confidence. Anyone who is comfortable in their own skin is beautiful.

Who was the best female role model for you when growing up and why?

My grandma. She emigrated to the U.S. from her country to establish a better life. She faced many challenges and sacrificed a lot for her family.

What’s one stereotype about females that you want to counteract?

That women can’t succeed in the fields of science, medicine, or research as well as men can. Women are making breakthroughs in these areas more than ever before, which is encouraging to see.

What are your #goals for the future?

After graduating Drexel, I hope to pursue a career in healthcare and medicine.

Why do you #LoveYourself?

I love myself because I view each day as an adventure with new characters to meet along the way. 

Manali is a junior Biology major with a public health minor hoping to pursue her life goal of finding a keychain with her name on it . She's been with the Her Campus Drexel community since her sophomore year as a feature writer and hopes to one day run out of pages in her passport. You can find her planning her next adventure,exploring the city of Philadelphia, attempting to cook, or watching too much Netflix.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.